Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

I did replace that star block that was the last block I did for the Quilt Story BOM.
    Name:  Quilt story BOM block ta replace the star block.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  80.2 KB
    Next is the back.
    Name:  Quilty Story BOM block ta repladt the star block (back).jpg
Views: 204
Size:  68.1 KB
    Just ta remind ya this is the block that I will replace.
    Name:  Quilt Story Dec block.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  88.4 KB
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Microfiber? Uh, domestic machine quilting? That will be a great challenge. Cotton fabric will work the same, expecially if you stabilized all the tshirts. I don't use sheets for the backs of my quilts, very difficult to quilt thru, even on the longarm, stitches don't always secure easily. Polar fleece maybe, but if they are cotton tshirts, cotton backing works very well. Just my opinion. I know, keep customer happy. I've made a few of those tshirt quilts and used cottong flannel for back. Worked well.

they want something that will be durable. I am trying to discourage the microfiber as everything I have found is 100% polyester. I suggested using a cotton flannel and they don't want flannel but it looks like they will be open for cotton backing. They want something strong and durable, so I figure it would be better to get a wide backing instead of piecing the 44 inch fabric. I have never used a sheet for my backing and would be leary to do so. And yes I will be quilting it on my domestic machine.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

WOW Bev!! Just WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    they want something that will be durable. I am trying to discourage the microfiber as everything I have found is 100% polyester. I suggested using a cotton flannel and they don't want flannel but it looks like they will be open for cotton backing. They want something strong and durable, so I figure it would be better to get a wide backing instead of piecing the 44 inch fabric. I have never used a sheet for my backing and would be leary to do so. And yes I will be quilting it on my domestic machine.
    Why don't ya git a pillowcase w/the fabric ya want, make a sandwich & try it out. Ya could even try several different fabrics so that ya know what ta tell 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara122 View Post
    WOW Bev!! Just WOW!!
    Thanks so much.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara122 View Post
    WOW Bev!! Just WOW!!
    What she said!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

This is an easy block. The 10 min. block. I did make some changes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbTHlGGKMPM
    Again thank ya'll so much.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    At least we know that if we buy quality fabric, it is durable as it is going to get. Even the microfiber wears. I certainly hope they will not be using this t-shirt quilt for a picnic blanket, then it might not last either way. I feel you will do great with your choice. Go for it girl. You are used to it and will domestic machine quilt much easier and you will be more comfortable so you can get it done.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Ideas for Kindergarten blocks!

Alright, I am 'officially' in the challenge. ;0))

HELP me get this off my design wall. I did make some progress, but it wasn't very fun! I am trying NOT to do anything else until I do something with this one. And I have plenty else to get to. A finished table runner top, a basket woven 'practice' table runner that needs a back, one quilt top basted ready to quilt, and SIX finished ready to sandwich. Another top that just needs a last border. I also have lots of 'ideas' that I have done some cutting on.
    I am seeing so many gorgeous things, it makes me feel even lazier! lol

Name:  table 001.JPG
Views: 170
Size:  140.7 KBthis is my poor table!! yes, it does have TWO sewing machines on it! the front one is my 158, the back is the 248 I got from a thrift shop . . . my poor put-upon husband! ;0))

I've been lurking and enjoying all your triumphs. Joined 2012 UFO challenge and was a dismal failure. Most of my projects are queen size so it takes a lot to finish them. This year I have finished two bed size quilts for Jan. and Feb, hope this is a sign of things to come. There are still at least 12 waiting. So please wish me luck, hope I can keep the momentum.

Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast