Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Big bobbin problem with my new Horizon 7700

Big bobbin problem with my new Horizon 7700

Im hoping someone can shed some light on this problem. I am sewing along FMQ on my new Janome 7700 and it jams so badly that the whole bobbin case gets dislodged and pulled up and to the right.
    I never had a drop of trouble with the 6600.
    I cleanned everything, changed everything, retheaded and checked the take up lever.
    Same thing happened. Three times but this point the bobbin case was damaged.
    Please help. Is this a sore spot on this machine? I have already taken it back to the dealer.

If it's damaged, I would quit sewing with it and get it back to the dealer, so you don't do further damage.

Sorry ... other than that, I have no suggestions.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Power Poster
    You have my sympathy! In all my years of sewing I've never had a bobbin jam so bad as to damage the bobbin case. I have only owned late model Singers and now my Bernina's. I hope someone can help you with advice.

I would quit sewing with it and take it back to the dealer I hope they're able to fix it so you don't have further problems.
    Heather

SEW
    I have had the same problem with my Janome Q1260. Have brought mine back to the dealer twice. Second time he replaced the bobbin casing. He keeps telling me I am the problem, seems to think I am not using properly. I found that if I slowed the speed that I am sewing down, it doesn't jam up. It makes me laugh, because one of the marketing benefits they claim is how quickly you can sew with the Janome. While my machine was in the shop, I used my backup machine Singer 201, and it sewed like a dream!

Blog Entries
    I have trhe 7700 and have not had a kproblem like that. Your best bet is to take it back to the dealer and if it continues to happen have them replace the machine.

Blog Entries
    My Janome 3160 QDC does that even when I am sewing very slow. I was told that oiling that little hole under the bobbin might solve the problem. I did and it helped but it still jumps up and binds every once in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by SEW View Post
    I have had the same problem with my Janome Q1260. Have brought mine back to the dealer twice. Second time he replaced the bobbin casing. He keeps telling me I am the problem, seems to think I am not using properly. I found that if I slowed the speed that I am sewing down, it doesn't jam up. It makes me laugh, because one of the marketing benefits they claim is how quickly you can sew with the Janome. While my machine was in the shop, I used my backup machine Singer 201, and it sewed like a dream!

It could be that the bobbin isn't wound tightly enough or that it doesn't like the thread you're using. Try a tightly wound Aurifil bobbin and see if that helps.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

HI all thanks for the sympathy. My machine is still at the dealers and I wont have it back until next week. Im so frustrated by this. I already had a ton of trouble with the Pfaff QE4. Now this. I hope it is not another Lemon!
    I will write a follow up when I get the machine back.

Blog Entries
    Janome has been known to have some bobbin issues. I don't think it happens on every machine, but there is definitely a problem somewhere. I have a Janome embroidery machine and have had my machine in the shop 10+ times for the same problem. My dealer tried to tell me it was me: wrong thread, wrong bobbin thread, wrong needle size, sewing too fast, sewing too much, etc. I tried everything and felt I was doing something wrong until I started reading blogs and found that there are a lot of us out there having the same problem. Good luck.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast