Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big bobbin problem with my new Horizon 7700

So sorry for all your troubles. I also have a 7700 and had some issues with it. The shop where I bought my machine was very helpful and walked me through them. The biggest thing was the speed. This machine goes so fast, so turn the speed down to where you are comfortable with it. Needle........I changed to a Janome needle for quilting/embroidery and that also helped. Then the tension needs to be on "7" instead of auto. Also, he had me turn my stitch down to .02, just during free motion. I hope this helps!! Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    Do you mean the bobbin jumps up and the upper thread winds around the bobbin, therefore jamming everything? I do a lot of decorative work, with thicker threads in the bobbin, and this was happening to me when the thread jerked. I've rather fixed this by sticking a small "jello bubble" type thingamy under the bobbin cover. You know the hot/cold clear plasticky round bits that go in the top of the taps [or do you call them faucets], well I got some mini ones from the hardware store - not sure what they were for - maybe used under items to protect timber surfaces. My newest Brother has a small extension of curved plastic beneath the bobbin cover, I'm assuming it has a purpose, but this little treasure, if put in the right spot, will hold the bobbin down enough allowing the top thread to pass over. I have to wonder if the mfs have boo-booed somewhere. Also find pre-wound bobbins do this as well when half empty.
    I am not sure what item you are using, is there a pic or link to explain? Maybe others know what you are referring to?

I am soooo sorry that you are having this problem. You are not alone, if you check the Janome yahoo group or sewingpatternsreview, you will see there are many in this boat. I bought my Horizon 7700 three and a half years ago, when it was brand new, and have had tons of problems...two new motherboards, the same bobbin nonsense, another "E4" error whenever I use the thread cutter, self threader broke, single hole plate also caused E4 or E5 errors, so don't use that anymore, tension craziness, trouble with the bobbin winding properly...and it has been in the shop so many times, a long drive and two week wait....and all I can get is "operator error" from the dealer (I have been sewing for almost 50 years). I spoke with the Janome guy at the Houston quilt show and he suggested I contact the district sales manager, only problem is how to find out who that is???? No way is the dealer going to tell me! At this point I am ready to cut my loses and buy a new (NOT Janome) machine. I realize this is not much help, but at least you know that it isn't you!!!
    Chiara Kate

Gay
    Blog Entries
    slbram17 - sorry, I knew I'd confuse. my old xp computer is caput and am trying to break in a new one -win7 - some of my old programs don't work, so hope this will. These little surface protectors are adhesive, so I stuck one to the underside of the bobbin cover above the bobbin. There were 25 on the card, hanging on a hook in the hardware store where they have felt gliders for under chairs and to protect furniture from heavy ornaments etc. They look like bubble wrap for packaging Have been trying to post a pic but for some reason this horrible computer doesn't seem to recognise it as a picture - another obstacle to fix. Hope you have more luck with your problem. Cheers, Gay

Gay
    Blog Entries
    I managed to google them at our local office supplies shop. At least now you'll know what to look for http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail...ives/MA23260CF

If you want to find out how to contact the Regional Manager, call the store pretending to be a very satisfied customer and you want to write a letter to the Regional Office to let them know how happy you are with their service. They are usually extremely thrilled to turn over the information you want. (I used to so this when I needed to contact regional folks when I was dealing with defective cars or machines.) Customers always get more attention than employees.

I'm really surprised at the complaints about Janome. Usually when someone on the QB asks what sewing machine to get, the Janome gets rave reviews on this board.

Here's my suggestion - get an inexpensive Brother machine. I have 3 of them, varying degrees of complexity/features, and have had no trouble with them at all. I had a 4th one, but it fell and broke while being lugged around when we were on vacation. Unfortunately, it couldn't be fixed.

Very clever idea!

Quote Originally Posted by nanbue View Post
    Im hoping someone can shed some light on this problem. I am sewing along FMQ on my new Janome 7700 and it jams so badly that the whole bobbin case gets dislodged and pulled up and to the right.
    I never had a drop of trouble with the 6600.
    I cleanned everything, changed everything, retheaded and checked the take up lever.
    Same thing happened. Three times but this point the bobbin case was damaged.
    Please help. Is this a sore spot on this machine? I have already taken it back to the dealer.
    I found this blog entry about tightening a screw, so maybe it could help.

http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com...4th-of-july-2/

Serita

Oh I will have to try that! Thanks so much!
    Chiara Kate

I don't know if it will work, but let us know. I am going to keep it in mind in case my older Kenmore (made by Janome) starts acting up. It is over ten years old, and I am always expecting it to start failing on me. I really like it for free motion even though the harp is not very large. I use quilting as you go methods so I can get away with it. My older machines don't care for transparent thread but this one will let me use it. So I tiptoe on eggs to keep from having issues with it. They don't make the model anymore. And if it comes up on auctions, it is really expensive for an older machine like that.

Blog Entries
    The Janome dealer in my town told every customer that had a problem with their new Janome high end machines it was user error. She said that was what Janome company told her to say and if she sent machines back she would lose her money. She gave everyone a Janome company 800 number to call about the problems. She went bankrupt as her customers were guild members who weren't shy about sharing the lousy customer service with everyone. I know another Janome dealer would not make it town again. Too many remember.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    I managed to google them at our local office supplies shop. At least now you'll know what to look for http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail...ives/MA23260CF
    Thank you. Now I know what you were talking about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2