Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail?

Yes I got one too and watched it. I donít need to pay 24.95 for information and ideas that I can get here or online free. I got a letter from them asking for me to send it back or signup for their deal. I sent them a letter back and told them ( BY LAW) that what ever is sent to me without my permission or that I didnít personally order is considered a gift and I had no intentions of returning their gift. Never heard from them.

Blog Entries
    Yes I got one, paid for it after I watched it as had some really good info on it. have sence recived two more, and I really like them as have no one close to quilt with and like learning new things,and I like to "see" how things are done as well as the written word. For me it is way for other quilter's to visit my quilt studio. For me this is a good thing!!

I got one from Fons and Porter and it would not play at all, nothing to see. Tossed it.

I got one in the spring, never watched it, threw it in the trash. The second one, I marked "Refused,return to sender". No more DVD's were sent. By the way those so called free gifts for subscribing to a magazine are absolutely worthless crap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    We had a post recently where magazines were trying this stunt and the content was pretty useless. Don't fall for it. There is a lot of the same information for free here and on the internet.
    When I saw your post title I remember something so similar from a previous post (or possibly more than one).
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-47253-1.htm

I did receive the DVD. If you read the letter with it, it specifically states to send payment ONLY if you want to continue and receive a second DVD in 2-3 months. If you do not wish to join, keep the first one as a gift, no obligation as it was not requested by you. They covered all that in their letter so it is not a "scam", they were honest upfront. I actually enjoyed the first DVD and added it to my other Quilting DVD's collection. I did not send in payment as I really did not wish to join and I never heard another word. As far as I can see, they lived up to what they claimed in their introductory letter, so good luck to them in trying to have a business. It could be an attempt by a housewife or quilt guild to make money. The DVD's may be of help to newbies! I know that first one showed me I had NO interest in ever trying English Paper Piecing! LOL!! But there were some very interesting tips on it I enjoyed watching!

Quote Originally Posted by farmquilter
    I got one from Fons and Porter and it would not play at all, nothing to see. Tossed it.
    I also received the Fons and Porter DVD. At first I thought it wouldn't play, but then discovered I was not clicking on the correct spot.

I didn't pay for it and haven't received another.

Blog Entries
    Nope - didn't get one.

I didn't get one. :cry: :cry:

I didnt get it either, but got the Fons and Porter one a while back. I DID keep and LIKE it, just could not afford to buy them

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast