Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail?

Yup I got one too. It says at the end of the speel that you can keep it free. I don't think I will be ordering it either. I have too many videos and books as it is.

I received a DVD today and it is not free! If you keep it you need to send ~$12 for it AND you keep getting them. This is unsolicited and must be stopped. The information in this DVD is readily available for free. I can't seem to find them on-line but when I do they will get a piece of my mind.

I received it and did not send it back or pay for it since I didn't request it. Now I am getting letters asking for payment. I am just ignoring them.

Yes, I received the DVD, and enjoyed it, although I don't plan on buying any. I am going to share it with my quilt club, as there is info within it that pertains to most levels of quilters.

Never got any DVD's from neither Fons & Porter or the other! I am subscribed to the Fons & Porter magazine though, but never received any DVDs from them! I would do the same as others, look at it and nope never ordered it so they would not get any money from me!

I also received the unexpected DVD in 2010. It came by mail in a nice plastic case. I was skeptical, but It peeked my interest since I cannot go to local shops to learn new techneques. I paid the $12. for the first DVD, but was disapointed when each of the following DVD's arrived in a paper folder instead of a plastic case and the higher cost $27.44. I do enjoy the series, but am reconsidering because of the price, the switch to the paper case, and the lack of available information/contacts. I feel like the product was misrepresented by originally coming in a nice case and then the cost soared and the package cheapened. I sent a note back with one of my payments about the switch of the case and the cost, but never heard back from anyone.

I did not know about some of the techniques the DVD has demonstrated, so would not know what to look for free on the internet. I wish they had a contact person or wweb site to complain to. Like I said, I enjoy the DVD, just too many other issues. Too bad they would not respond to all of our concerns!

I have found the marketing company: www.tnmarketing.com/tnmbrands/list/national-quilters-circle/

Blog Entries
    I hope not. i hate getting things i didn' t order. Fon's & Porter did that already.

Wellnow, I just posted the marjeting comapny to the issue of the DVD's. I then sent their customer service a comment and I got it back as undeliverable mail returned. Sure is looking bad for the company!! Maybe we should have the postal service look into this matter!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy M. Boice
    I also received the unexpected DVD in 2010. It came by mail in a nice plastic case. I was skeptical, but It peeked my interest since I cannot go to local shops to learn new techneques. I paid the $12. for the first DVD, but was disapointed when each of the following DVD's arrived in a paper folder instead of a plastic case and the higher cost $27.44. I do enjoy the series, but am reconsidering because of the price, the switch to the paper case, and the lack of available information/contacts. I feel like the product was misrepresented by originally coming in a nice case and then the cost soared and the package cheapened. I sent a note back with one of my payments about the switch of the case and the cost, but never heard back from anyone.

I did not know about some of the techniques the DVD has demonstrated, so would not know what to look for free on the internet. I wish they had a contact person or wweb site to complain to. Like I said, I enjoy the DVD, just too many other issues. Too bad they would not respond to all of our concerns!

I have found the marketing company: www.tnmarketing.com/tnmbrands/list/national-quilters-circle/
    Well, I have been getting billed every month for maybe 6 months now. I did not pay for it, or return it. I am not paying postage to return something I DID NOT ask for. I haven't even looked at it since the first time I watched a few minutes of it. I know if I got them I would be the same way. Too much trouble for me. I would rather have it in a book.

I got one and called them to have them remove my name from their list. I have not viewed the DVD but I to use it to trace circles :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I wouldn't fall for it. There is so much info on this board and the entire internet that you don't need all those things people send unsolicited ( my opinion)
    Oh, I agree. I was just curious where they got my name & address. They aren't getting any money from me. Sometime when I am "bored" I will watch the rest of it and see if I learn anything I didn't know. It amazes me how many people are trying to make a buck any way they can.
    I also got one in the Spring, knew if I didn't ask for it I didn't have to pay. I got several letters asking me to either pay for it or send it back, I trashed them. I hate when something is sent to me with the burden on me to do something to make it stop.

I got a notice from my electric company telling me that they were setting up a program for others that could not pay their bill that would automatically round up my bill with the difference going into that fund. If I did not want to participate I would need to contact them. I thought, how dare they, decide I would be a part without first giving consent and then have to opt out. If I had wanted to participate or not after this I definitely won't be.

By the way, they get your name from magazine subscriptions. I subscribed to a magazine where they spelled my name wrong and this CD came with the misspelled name address.

I got one and sent it back, End of story

Ok....I have done more research on the Essential Quilting DVD Collection contributers. If you go to www.quiltmaker.com/100blocks-vol01.html you will find all of the demonstraters on the DVD listed there, except for Heather Thomas. I found her at www.wildheatherdesigns.com.
    It appears these people who teach each technique on the DVD are free lance writers for quilting magazines. I have emailed Heather Thomas and given her this blog so she can set us all straight and try to help out the validity of the collection. I hope this helps.

yeah, I got one last year... and even though it said I could keep it, I sent it back.. no postage from me, so it wasn't a big deal to do that..

No I did not get one yet.

I received an email from Heather Thomas regarding the DVD collection and she was informative as well as reassuring this is NOT a scam, but a collective project of several well known quilt magazines. I have invited her to correct any skeptisim on this forum. I also addressed the three issues I have; the cost, the switch from a plastic case to cardboard/paper one, and the need of a legitimate web site to provide us information about the DVD collection and it's origination. Hope this helps those who might consider the offer and also those who have purchased them and wondered if we had been scammed. I personally do not think it is a scam, but it is very costly. Hope this helps clear up some of the questions.

I received one from Fons and Porter a couple weeks ago, and I sent it back. If and when I want any DVD I will order it, otherwise it gets sent back.

It is called "The Essential Quilting DVD Collection" by the National Quilters Circle. You can keep the DVD without paying for it since it was unsolicited. Watch it for free and if you like it send the order form with $12.95 and you will receive additional DVDs every 2 or 3 months. I have watched part of it; don't know how long the entire thing is, but seems to be informative for a new quilter. It covers the color wheel, color values, etc. I am just wondering how many of these things were sent out and to whom. And do you like it?
    I received that same DVD yesterday. I am watching it today. I just ordered the Fons and Porter magazine and this came also. It does say that because I did not order it I am not under any obligation to participate nor do I have to pay for it or return it. I am going to keep it and refuse any more that may come. There is some good info on here and I consider it mine now. I don't mind a free gift now and then. :-P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthrec
    It is called "The Essential Quilting DVD Collection" by the National Quilters Circle. You can keep the DVD without paying for it since it was unsolicited. Watch it for free and if you like it send the order form with $12.95 and you will receive additional DVDs every 2 or 3 months. I have watched part of it; don't know how long the entire thing is, but seems to be informative for a new quilter. It covers the color wheel, color values, etc. I am just wondering how many of these things were sent out and to whom. And do you like it?
    I received that same DVD yesterday. I am watching it today. I just ordered the Fons and Porter magazine and this came also. It does say that because I did not order it I am not under any obligation to participate nor do I have to pay for it or return it. I am going to keep it and refuse any more that may come. There is some good info on here and I consider it mine now. I don't mind a free gift now and then. :-P
    I guess they have finally given up on sending me bills for it. They spent more money on postage for billing me than it cost them to make a million copies of one DVD. I didn't send it back because you had to pay for the shipping. There is some good info on it, but I can't be bothered to sit there and watch the whole thing.

Blog Entries
    I just received this and it doesn't state anywhere that you don't have to pay for it, but I won't be.

Yea, I got one and paid for it, got another, it was ok, but not as good as the first. Then the third one came, sorry I'm not into funky quilting with putting beads and bead rolls, and crunchy paper, string and crap on my quilts. I thought if I sent it back they would just send the next one in line, but I haven't received anything since I sent back the third one.

I got one, watched it then tossed it. Since then they have hounded me to death! I finally wrote them and said if they didn't back off I would be filing a complaint and charging them with harassment. Not I clue who I would file a complaint with, but so far have not heard from them again. They wanted me to either pay for the disc or return it.

Blog Entries
    No, I didn't get one.

I got one but am wondering as I saw others wondering where they got my name? From here? the one mag I get? Joannes? That what bothers me who is selling my info?
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Caroltee
    Yes I got one too and watched it. I donít need to pay 24.95 for information and ideas that I can get here or online free. I got a letter from them asking for me to send it back or signup for their deal. I sent them a letter back and told them ( BY LAW) that what ever is sent to me without my permission or that I didnít personally order is considered a gift and I had no intentions of returning their gift. Never heard from them.
    Good one!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast