Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail?

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    I received one UNSOLICITED, so did not return it and have not viewed it. They have sent two letters and say they are surprised I haven't decided to sign up. I will keep on ignoring them. That is a sneaking way of doing business IMHO and I don't like it.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

KR
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts View Post
    I wouldn't fall for it. There is so much info on this board and the entire internet that you don't need all those things people send unsolicited ( my opinion)
    Amen to that! When I picked up quilting again three years ago I learned very quickly that a wealth of information and videos is right at your fingertips....FREE! I shy away from buying books, too....from my experience they pile up and hardly ever get looked at again.
    Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift....that's why it's called the present.
    Karen

Yes, I recieved one and sent it back the same day it came. They are wanting your money. I did watch the DVD, but it had nothing worth paying $12 or more for. Be careful.

there was a deal like this a couple of years ago. I kept the cd, paid nothing. you are not obligated to pay when you didnt order it. On that other deal, they kept sending invoices for it. I threw those away.
    Jean in MI

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Amen to that! When I picked up quilting again three years ago I learned very quickly that a wealth of information and videos is right at your fingertips....FREE!

Please be aware, however, that there are pattern sites on the internet which have bad stuff on them. When you do a search on Google for, say, teddy bear quilt patterns, some of the sites will be infected and will infect your computer.

Stick to sites you have heard of (quilt shops, quilt magazines, etc.) and beware of sites with generic sounding names like "free patterns for everyone". (just made that up).

And have a good anti-virus, real-time scanning program that can tell you if something bad is trying to get on your computer.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't put a DVD that I didn't order in my computer!
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

I received one of these DVD's and immediately returned it...A year or two ago I got caught in this unsolicited DVD and paid for several and was determined to not be "scammed" again. Grannie J

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8