Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail? >

Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail?

Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail?

Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by duckydo View Post
I just got off the phone with customer service at Quilters Circle and requested to know how they got my address, no luck they won't tell you. You do not have to pay for the first dvd, but if you want to recieve any more it will run you around $29.00 with the shipping for future dvd's Just a FYI. I think it should be against the law for companys to sell, trade or loan your address to others when you subscribe to something. I know that is how they got my info, but they won't tell you that.
You're probab;y on a mailing list like the rest of us are!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 AM

Just remember, any time you are offered something free on the internet -- YOU are the product. There are databases with all our information, what we like, what we have bought,, etc. as well as our addresses. It is a fact of life in the 21st century.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by duckydo View Post
I just got off the phone with customer service at Quilters Circle and requested to know how they got my address, no luck they won't tell you. You do not have to pay for the first dvd, but if you want to recieve any more it will run you around $29.00 with the shipping for future dvd's Just a FYI. I think it should be against the law for companys to sell, trade or loan your address to others when you subscribe to something. I know that is how they got my info, but they won't tell you that.
One way to trace this is by using different names for each of the magazines you actually subscribe to. Maybe put in a middle initial or use a different spelling for your first name. That way you'll know immediately who sold your name.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:21 AM

I received one last year and then got a bill for it a couple of months later. I complained and kept it because I did not order it.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:30 PM

I haven't gotten one, yet, but thanks for the informatin
Old 08-22-2012, 11:57 AM

Haven't received one...not too broken up about it...
Old 08-22-2012, 12:19 PM

I apologize if someone has already said this (I didn't read the entire thread) but be careful ... I got an unsoliticed CD once and it was infected with a virus. Luckily I thought to run a virus scan on it before I opened it. I sent it back with a not-so-nice note about not appreciating receiving an infected CD and never heard a work from them.

Suzy
Old 08-22-2012, 01:44 PM

my sister got one a couple years ago and trashed it without opening it and then was hounded for payment. So when I got one I knew enough to open it and return it. Also a couple years ago I got something that looked exactly like an invoice for Fons & Porter's mag, which I didn't remember (re)subscribing to, but ... Anyway, in the corner in very small print it said "not an invoice." I guess they were hoping people would think they had subscribed and had forgotten about it.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:47 AM

Be careful with magazine subscriptions also. BH&G and GH both keep sending mags after the subscription has run out and then hound you for payment. In small print so you dont notice it they say they will extend the subscription.
So far no quilting mags are doing this that I know of but I will never subscribe to the above mags again.
I have gotten the Fons and Porter dvd just recently and another time long ago. Did not send them back. They are hounding me once again.
Ive been upsett with F&P since they bought Qnntv and started charging for it. It was free before.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:38 AM

Yes, Fons & Porter did the same thing. If they send you something that you did not ask for, you have no obligation to return it or pay for it or do anything. Don't let their threats scare you. By the way, Fons & Porter, the quilters no longer own their magazine. It was bought out by a conglomerate who are into a variety of businesses, by crafting seems to be one of the interests