Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else get this DVD in the mail?

Blog Entries
    It is called "The Essential Quilting DVD Collection" by the National Quilters Circle. You can keep the DVD without paying for it since it was unsolicited. Watch it for free and if you like it send the order form with $12.95 and you will receive additional DVDs every 2 or 3 months. I have watched part of it; don't know how long the entire thing is, but seems to be informative for a new quilter. It covers the color wheel, color values, etc. I am just wondering how many of these things were sent out and to whom. And do you like it?

nope - not me

Blog Entries
    nope, haven't received it, but be careful, I heard it was a scam to get your personal information

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    It is called "The Essential Quilting DVD Collection" by the National Quilters Circle. You can keep the DVD without paying for it since it was unsolicited. Watch it for free and if you like it send the order form with $12.95 and you will receive additional DVDs every 2 or 3 months. I have watched part of it; don't know how long the entire thing is, but seems to be informative for a new quilter. It covers the color wheel, color values, etc. I am just wondering how many of these things were sent out and to whom. And do you like it?

I got one but haven't had time to watch it yet. Maybe I need to.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I wouldn't fall for it. There is so much info on this board and the entire internet that you don't need all those things people send unsolicited ( my opinion)

Yes, I did get one and watched it. It was very informational, I really liked it.

Then I received the 2nd one. I also really liked it but it cost 24.95 plus shipping. I did keep it because I liked it and also I kept it longer than the trial period before having a chance to watch it. However, I sent a note stating that the price was way to expensive and I would not be buying anymore.

They were really informational for me, since I'm a beginner, but not worth 24.95 plus shipping.

Blog Entries
    We had a post recently where magazines were trying this stunt and the content was pretty useless. Don't fall for it. There is a lot of the same information for free here and on the internet.

Yeah, I got one and knew if unsolicited, I don't have to pay. I have not watched in and might just toss it. How dare they? I hope they call me cause I'll tell them the law and that I threw it out. I get 'free' return labels all the time from organizations wanting money. I don't pay any attention to them either. I didn't ask for it I don't want it. Stop sending me this junk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I wouldn't fall for it. There is so much info on this board and the entire internet that you don't need all those things people send unsolicited ( my opinion)
    Oh, I agree. I was just curious where they got my name & address. They aren't getting any money from me. Sometime when I am "bored" I will watch the rest of it and see if I learn anything I didn't know. It amazes me how many people are trying to make a buck any way they can.

Blog Entries
    Didn't Fons and Porter do the same thing?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast