Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Do you keep the pattern after you finish your quilt?

Yes, guess I am a hoarder compared to what has been written. I just picked up a quilt magazine that someone had given to our local "give away" came home and made a quilt out of it. I changed the fabric but it is a beautiful quilt to be given to QOV. I have binders full of ideas. I may not make them all, couldn't live that long, but I always have something to look through for inspiration. I keep all my magazines that have items in it to make. Eventually I give some away or donate to our guilds "second hand treasures" to be sold at our quilt show.

Blog Entries
    I have a 3-ring-binder that I use for pictures and patterns. This way I can go back and look for it if need be. I call it "I made it." I just use clear plastic pages to hold the pattern and picture.
    sewellie

I always keep mine. I just cant let go.

Power Poster
    I keep them in a photo album with my quilt pictures.
    SueDor

Blog Entries
    I have not made too many quilts yet but after I read a suggestion here on the board, I have started a quilt binder of the quilts I make. The binder contains plastic sleeves containing the pattern, swatches of the material I use in a quilt, and photos.

However, if you don't plan to make the pattern again, it might not be worth the trouble of saving... but I would definitely find a place/person to donate them.

Blog Entries
    I give most of my quilts away, so I take a picture of every quilt to keep in my scrapbook. I have another scrapbook with the drawings - or EQ7 printouts of the patterns. I have made several of my original quilts a 2nd, 3rd and 4th time - in different colors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4