Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you quilt by hand or by machine?

I am a diehard hand sewer so I prefer to quilt by hand. But using the sewing machine is so much faster! Do you quilt by hand or by machine and why?

had a stroke so now my works all by machine.

I quilt by hand most of the time, because I do it for relaxation, and I try not to be in a rush to finish.

However, I have done some machine quilting, and found it very enjoyable - it's hard to listen to a book on tape and machine quilt at the same time, though.

Janet

I know what you mean Janet. I like to sew in front of the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinterland
    ... However, I have done some machine quilting, and found it very enjoyable - it's hard to listen to a book on tape and machine quilt at the same time, though.

Janet

Since this is a duplicate (don't know how THAT happened!) I guess I have to say something else...and that is, there are a lot of hand quilters on this board, so you're in very good company.

Janet

I quilt by machine. I've never quilted by hand. I don't think I could hold on to a needle that long cuz of RA.

I'm quilting by hand right now. I've been afraid of fmq, but will try it on my next project. I've also had things quilted by a laq. Kind of like doing it by hand-like others, it's something relaxing to do in front of the tv-just takes so long!

Banned
    Both, but mostly by machine. Even if I get as old a Moses I won't live long enough to hand quilt everything I need to get quilted!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Depends on the project. Have recently started hand quilting and like doing it in the evening.

Both. I love to have hand work for in the evening in front of the tube. But it does take me a very long time to complete a HQ quilt so I also invested in a LA. Now I can pick and choose what quilts are destined for my lap hoop and what ones a destined for the LA rack. I enjoy both art forms equally. I could never quite master FMQ on my domestic machine for anything larger then 60" square.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast