Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does Anyone Else Think Like Me >

Does Anyone Else Think Like Me

Does Anyone Else Think Like Me

Old 10-26-2010, 07:10 PM

All mine are made to use.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:47 PM

carron that quilt is beautiful too. Love the stars and the colors and everything about it. Maybe one day I will be able too that good of work.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:50 PM

That is kind of like the quilt I made for someone special and it ended up on the garage floor for the dogs to sleep on. Just breaks my heart when I see an abused quilt. I now keep them all for me.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:15 PM

Thank you Poodles, I appreciate your compliment. I am sure that you are short changing your own abilities. Don't compare your work with others, each is unique and exhibits it's creators personality.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:17 PM

Those lucky dogs to have such a luxury to sleep on! Dogs are smart and they know a good thing when they see it.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
while I don't care if a quilt is used as a picnic blanket, the oil catcher would make me stop and think. I have ever so slightly asked my mom what colors she would want in a quilt for her water bed. she said that she would be too worried to use it because of the dog and two cats. at least she cares enough to want to take care of it. but I don't think that I will be making a king size quilt for her for a long time.
My mum has done the same thing. Her 'little' dogs' claws would catch the applique and pull them off, so she has it put away in her cupboard to keep it safe.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Yankee in Texas
I have an Aunt that treasures hand made items so much that she does not use them either!! She will show them to everyone that is willing to look at them!! LOL So, if she requests something - I will make it,but I try to get her to use it too!!!
Both of my Aunt also enjoys what I have made for them, they are so proud that every new friend was shown the items I made. Both are craft oriented especially the youngest, she is into folk art painting and when she is well she teaches it to others including my daughter, and my GD who was 3 at the time. She has not been well this last year so DD has not been to see her.