Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your hubby also sew or quilt?

No my hubby does not sew or quilt...I would love it if he would though. He does help me cut sometimes because I have arthritis in my hands and they get swollen when I cut. I have been encouraging him to get into repairing machines...he is very mechanical....it would save money too lol.

Margie

Doesn't sew - but he does rotary cut for me. It really helps alot and then I get to piecing quicker.

No, he does not sew or quilt. He could probably sew on a button if he had to. He is most appreciative of my quilting and sewing; but no way would he sit still long enough to make a quilt. He is very gifted with car repairs and woodworking. He, physically built our house and some furniture when we could not find what we wanted. I did help him with the building projects; however, his main hobby is collecting and restoring old cars. He would love for me help him with this hobby; but after being conned into sewing seat covers and doing some repair to a convertible top, I told him "no, I am a quilter." Besides, grease under the finger nails and quilting or not compatible. He does not complain about my enormous stash of fabrics and I don't complain about his stash of car parts.

My husband doesn't but my son-in-law had me teach him and then help him get his own machine. Now when I go visit I don't have to haul mine I use his!!! He learned so he could alter his military fatigues and make different accessories they used while in Iraq.

No hubby...or boyfriend haha BUT me and my roommate watch movies, she'll knit, I quilt haha

Teach her to cut lol

My hubby doesn't quilt but has his very own upholstery machine and upholstered his 29 Nash and did a fine job!

Mine won't go near a sewing machine, but he has told me he would love to design a quilt and have me make it.

My hubby would not care a thing about sewing but he does take me to look for vintage sewing machines and we have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Margie
    Teach her to cut lol
    You make a GREAT point...haha

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast