Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eleanor Burns came to my house....WOW

I keep an old plastic quart ice cream bucket next to me and toss my scraps and snips in it as I can. It works very well when I am EPP, or hand sewing/ quilting. I do sometimes use the Elenor method, but I sew at my dining room table and if I leave stuff around to much the cats get a hold of it. Then it's just a bigger mess.

She is a hoot. I love talking with her and she would be welcome in my studio any day. She can also throw all the scraps around that she would want to.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    She (or her clone) definitely visits my sewing room. I vacuum the little bits and pieces up about once a week. Otherwise, who cares. Once in a while, the kitty drags one out to the other parts of the house stuck to his fur but I can handle that. Besides, who wants a neat sewing room. Then DH might think I don't ever use it. LOL!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Jim
    We love Eleanor, my wife and I would love to share an afternoon sewing and listening to her stories. We would be so enamored by them . I'd even clean up her mess. As for mine it gets scooped to the edge of the table where I have a bag waiting for the scraps of fabric and threads. I still get threads and bits and pieces but I clean them after each sewing session
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

I love Eleanor Burns. She might have visited my place a few times.

LOL that's my kind of quilter.

LOL...I think she visits all of us from time to time.....

Quote Originally Posted by mjhaess View Post
    LOL...I think she visits all of us from time to time.....

I think she bribes my dogs with biscuits. Because that is the only way she can get past them...
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Blog Entries
    m cutting out and something falls I for sure stop and go out of my way to pick it up. I think I have a problem. I hate things out of their place, lol....all this being said I am not that picky with the rest of the house just my sewing room. I really try to keep it neat, I straightened it up after I finish for the day and and even if I take a break I tidy up. Hate messy. Like I said wish I wasn't like this. I'm working on it though.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Eleanor is welcome here any time. She'd find most of her books and patterns on the shelves, so she'd probably feel comfortable. Plus the threads, scraps, and dust bunnies might be familiar sights! There's a door on my sewing room for a reason.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast