Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Eleanor Burns came to my house....WOW

Blog Entries
    Hahahahaha! that was a good one!

"She" doesn't come to visit my large sewing/quilting area. I have at least 6 small trash cans from the dollar store. I have one at each station that I snip/cut at and one or two in a common walkway. To use them I just have to drop my hand and it's in a can! LOVE IT!

If I didn't do the trash cans, I'd have to cut away allllll those threads from the vacuum beater bar more often than I do...and I don't like taking that thing apart, wasting time doing snipping and then beating my knuckles trying to get it back together!

Nan
    http://napquilting.com/
    http://alturl.com/euusk

My GOAL is always to ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinghere View Post
    Hahahahaha! that was a good one!

"She" doesn't come to visit my large sewing/quilting area. I have at least 6 small trash cans from the dollar store. I have one at each station that I snip/cut at and one or two in a common walkway. To use them I just have to drop my hand and it's in a can! LOVE IT!

If I didn't do the trash cans, I'd have to cut away allllll those threads from the vacuum beater bar more often than I do...and I don't like taking that thing apart, wasting time doing snipping and then beating my knuckles trying to get it back together!

Nan
    I'm with Nan. My sewing room is NOT neat, but I have containers for tiny scraps at strategic places. I also don't like having to dig all those threads out of the vacuum cleaner's beater bars.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Blog Entries
    I am lazy and have no desire to sweep the floor, so I use the trash can or my thread catcher.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

She's been here too! "Eleanor" does get around... Hahhahaha
    cpfrog - "Those who sew together, grow together." - Amy Dickinson

i think there are the remains of about 4 projects mounting a coup on my sewing room floor right now...

i am so glad i am good company here!

aileen

EB is just as fun in person as she is on her show. She is a delightful person making her audience participate in her presentation. She was promoting her book Star Across America who's blocks are named after prominent women. When she asked who this block was named after, I kept replying Eleanor Roosevelt. I eventually won a campaign button that says EB for president. It always makes me smile.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Eleanor Burns visits me often. I catch myself saying out loud just get rid of it as I toss scraps. You know you watch too much you tube when your husband ask you if you are Eleanor Burns! LOL
    Those who sleep under a handmade quilt, sleep under a blanket of love!

I clean as I go and that doesn't always keep things neat. The larger scraps get put in a scraps basket to cut later, but when I look at what I saved sometimes I think I was a dope for saving such small pieces.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I have adopted the Eleanor Burns method! I find it easier to clean up all those threads and snips at the end of a sewing day , rather than trying to keep up. Oh sometimes I take a break and tidy , but I let the snips fall where they may. I think El was on to something when she started just tossing.
    Lori, you described me to a T. My OCD personality was costing me way too much time just picking up snips & scraps til I finally started using the "Eleanor" method. So much easier to just sweep or vacuum when my project is finished or when I can't stand it any longer. I do like to start my day with a clean floor though but have learned to live with scraps for awhile. I always like to put my tools away, too, but I'm trying to resist that urge now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I have adopted the Eleanor Burns method! I find it easier to clean up all those threads and snips at the end of a sewing day , rather than trying to keep up. Oh sometimes I take a break and tidy , but I let the snips fall where they may. I think El was on to something when she started just tossing.
    Much as I would like to toss my scraps a la Eleanor Burns, I have to keep my scraps off the floor. I have 2 "very helpful" cats who would pick them up and play with them and leave them all over the house.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast