Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 10-25-2016, 04:27 AM

Sushi...i found there are some threads about MINKY problems in general...under the main section in here...
Old 10-25-2016, 11:50 AM

Thanks, ania. They may be helpful. Now if I can just get the sizes right!
Old 10-25-2016, 04:55 PM

Sushi..
its like the seam ripper...(becomes our best friend)...continue digging and you will get there....
Good luck....
Old 10-26-2016, 02:51 AM

I love this thread. I have an Ellisimo upgraded to a II. It took me a few "years" to learn how to use it. But now that I know mostly how to use my machine I really love embroidery. I've made a lot of in the hoop projects and recently used a design to quilt a whole quilt. To those of you just starting please be patient with yourself and just keep trying. I have been self taught and am now very happy with my results. And yes folks this is quilting! Just another way of using a machine to enjoy what we do.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:11 AM

I wonder if any of you ever embroider the split desin?? I have just learnt that there are two ways to do it...one is with a special hoop ) which I don,t have ) and the other is in rehooping.....
I have the modest Janome 350e for two years now and we are developing very good relationship after a real struggle when it first arrived....so Ronda is right.....it does take some time...
so eone told me that the big hule fir this machine is a waste of time...I wonder if anyone here has it and use it with this machine....??? It would be nice to make a baby quilt with just one big design in the center.... ( we have two new nephews on their way.....LOL )
Old 10-26-2016, 09:44 AM

Y'all are the best. Thank you for your support!

Yesterday I spent over an hour working with the embroidery teacher at the Bernina store where I bought my machine. She tried everything, eventually loading the design into her computer to see if she could find a problem using her Bernina embroidery software.

Alas the design was perfect - but it didn't look at all like what my machine was trying to stitch. AHA! Turns out you can't use the mega-hoop on my level of machine without processing the design through the software in order to break the design into three sections (top, middle, and bottom). So in order to make my $160 hoop work, I had to buy a $250 package of embroidery software, PLUS a PC computer 'cuz the software won't run on a Mac. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Given that my goal is to make Christmas stockings for my two grandchildren, I'd been spending north of $500 (plus the cost of fabric, stabilizers, and thread). Something tells me I'd be a whole lot better off commissioning them on Etsy - or just using the regular size hoop and re-hooping.

What bothers me the most is that nowhere in the sales literature or in the mega hoop manual does it EVER tell you that you need the software. (In fact, software is never mentioned.) I think that's downright UNETHICAL on Bernina's part!

Thanks again for your patience and support!
Old 10-26-2016, 10:11 AM

Oh, I am so sorry! It looks like you got your Xmas early. It's too bad they don't give better information with products. It is so easy for a novice to think a machine that embroiders 4x4 designs will make bigger designs with a bigger hoop. There is little understanding that the MACHINE is programmed to only stitch that size. Of course, a larger design can be split and stitched in stages. That is what you will be doing now with your new, expensive "set up". I imagine I would not have been a happy camper, either. A new PC also! Ouch.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:36 PM

Sushi.....sound like it really stink.....
The whole huge hoop idea.......and I was wondering if to buy one.....
Thank you so much for posting it......you are my life saver and my pocket as well......
This is in my realistic point view ( I live far away from everything....)
From the pissitive point of view.....Congratulation !!!!! Now that you know where the problem is, you will be able to do soooo many wonderful things...... ... And its Xmes...so, like mermaid wrote...it came early to your door....ENJOY.....
As for the computers...... I also realize I cannot just give up on my Toshiba laptop with the windows in it.......paint brush and SewArt and all the digitizing programs that mermaid mention, they are all running with windows .....
.... And just to think that I was so dummy to think that the Mac will make my life easier..... ..... ......
Anyway....have fun...
You did win this one....LOL
Old 10-26-2016, 05:56 PM

Ania,

It warms my heart to think that I have helped you in some small way. You are so very generous with your help on this board!
Old 10-26-2016, 08:13 PM

Sushi....thanks for the complements..... This board is very important to me since I am so very far away from everything... I did get plenty of help in here where I first started to quilt...the people here are wonderful.... ..
Have fun with your new toys now....