Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 12-15-2016, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by maryellen2u View Post
What site has the refrigerator handles? They are so cute. I want to make a bunch!
maryellen2u, I made my wraps in the hoop..then used appliques (made into patches) to add to the tops. You only need a design for a quilted rectangle--size it--and add emb design or a patch to the top edge. But you can buy some handle wraps at the Sweetpea site. Sorry I don't have the addy.

Last edited by mermaid; 12-15-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:44 PM

Rennie, I love your Mug Rugs. I have those same designs, was going to make some up today, but instead had to take my machine into the "hospital". Looks like about a three week turn around on the machine. When I get my baby back I plan on working on various mug rugs. Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-15-2016, 04:01 PM

Rennie like all your placemat and mug rugs
Old 12-15-2016, 04:05 PM

mermaid like your refrigerator handles where did you get your embroidery pattern?
Old 12-15-2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sheesh View Post
Does anyone have an idea of what software extension is for a singer futura embroidery machine? I bought it from HSN and haven't found this info so far. Never had an EM,but many other sewing and also an espire quilting machine, not quite ready for a longarm
The file extension for the new Singer Embroidery machines is FHE (futura home embroidery)..the older machines used XXX , but your machine will use all of the embroidery file extensions out there, (it reads over 20 of them)...so it doesn't matter what the file extension is..you can use them all. When searching for a design, just be sure to highlight "all embroidery files", or it will search FHE by default, and you won't be able to see your other designs.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
mermaid like your refrigerator handles where did you get your embroidery pattern?
I created the ITH wrap--it's just a quilted rectangle (mine=5.2 x 0.6 inches). The snowpeople are appliques/patches that are sewed on at the end. I've had them so long I don't remember from where. A strip of velcro is stitched on the back of one side and front of the other side, so it will cling around the handle. You could just embroider a pretty design on the wrap. I love them on my doors!--no more sticky handles.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:40 AM

Thank you, everyone ..... I really enjoy making these.

Sushi, they are all mug rugs, but the "JOY" ones are about 6" X 9" and could easily be made large enough for placemats by adding a larger boarder. The flower, ribbon and words are appliqued. The smaller mug rugs in the first picture are embroidery and they are all done "in the hoop". I gave a set of two of them to my local friends instead of sending Christmas cards. The designs came from "Oma's Place." The "Joy" design was by Klee 2 Strings but I am pretty sure I got the pattern off of the Crafty site .

Originally Posted by sushi View Post
Rennie,
Are we looking at placemats and mug rugs? (I'm having a little trouble gauging scale.) Whatever they are, they're gorgeous!

I'd love to know which parts are embroidered, which are appliqués, etc.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-17-2016, 08:36 AM

I am brand spanking new to the world of quilting, but I have dabbled in most other fiber arts, including embroidery. My machine is a combo sewing and embroidery machine. It is a Brother LB-6800PRW Project Runway Edition, and I love it as an everyday machine and for smaller embroidery. I thought that using it for quilting may help me get my feet wet, but was wondering if anyone had used a smaller hoop, like a 4 x 4, for doing quilting? I think the largest hoop size that I can get for it is 6 1/4 x 4... so the width doesn't change any. I am not in the market at the moment for a new machine, but it is possible if I were to get into quilting and use it a bunch I may. Anyway, I am so happy I stumbled upon this forum (via one of those Pinterest rabbit holes, lol). It's wonderful to see all of your beautiful work, and learn some tips!
Old 12-17-2016, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I would definitely have to wait to get the more expensive one. I am looking to make mostly labels for my quilt. I guess I wonder if I will soon regret getting the machine with the smaller hoop. Will I want to do a lot more embroidery once I have a machine and then feel limited?
Amazon had a one day special on the machine last month. It was priced at $437.99. The other machine you mentioned was on sale too. But it didn't have all the extras like the Costco version.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
I own the 200e, 350e, and the 500e. Janome also has a 400e, which is basically the 500e with a few less features and quite a bit less expensive. Cari
What are your thoughts on the 200e? I'm new to embroidery and considering a Janome.