Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 11-27-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
I concur with Quilty-Louise, I love the Floriani poly thread. Did a lace angel and it came out beautiful! Though the thread is pricey I wouldn't mind buying it. My local lqs store does carry them and I even got an email that they come in 60 color packs but don't know the price. Quilty-Louise where do you purchase your Floriani threads? at a local lqs or online? AND How's the sewing room coming along (I know its two different threads but haven't had time to locate them).

I do agree that choosing a stabilizer is a bit tricky but with time once you know the fabric type you are using it may not be as difficult.

Ladies, I am fairly new to embroidering but have attended a Floriani event earlier this year. In it we learned about the different stabilizers and which one to se on what kind of fabric. If you go to:
http://www.florianisoftware.com/pdf-...izer-guide.pdf

This shows you Floriani stabilizers, what each is called, used for & how much thread count each can carry. Even if you use something else this might be a good guide to look over.
HTH
Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited by LAQUITA; 11-27-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Yes I have the Floriani Embroidery Suite Pro (Not Total Control).
But so far I am still trying to learn how to use it.

What little I do know I love.

Yes, I do I bought the FTC this summer. Am learning it bit by bit but so far I LOVE what I've learned!
If you want to chat @ it PM me if you'd like
Old 11-28-2013, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
Thank you so much for the info. I had no idea how the bobbin sensor worked and I would assume the upper thread must work the same way. I use a very soft paint brush to remove the lint but haven't vacuumed so I'll give that a try. I did have a problem with the bobbin sensor being off a long time ago, but that quit on it's own. It's the top thread that's driving me nuts now, and my machine only turns both off or on, not individually. I will vacuum and give it another try. Thanks again!
Update on my latest problem! I vacuumed everything but sadly it still doesn't work. I started another block and had to turn off the thread sensor so it would stitch. I found that at every color change, the sensor comes back on so I have to turn it off again. The last discovery, however was the best. I still had the setup window open as I changed threads and saw the sensor turn on. I turned it off and for some unknown reason turned it back on and started the stitch. IT WORKED! The scary thing is, this tells me it is either a faulty sensor or something in the computer programming. Either way, it sounds like something that will be very expensive to have fixed. Bummer!!! Gobbletov everyone.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:45 PM

Jratcliff, I do hope its not expensive. I can't stand when that happens as well. I make samples first with the a piece of scrap fabric first to see if it stitches out so it won't mess up the real stuff but sometimes that itself doesn't work either.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Viking designer 1 and designer se uses the shv, other machines use hus, vp3, vip, and the latest Viking machines use most of the popular formats.
Thanks you two! I don't have a Viking so can delete that one.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
Update on my latest problem! I vacuumed everything but sadly it still doesn't work. I started another block and had to turn off the thread sensor so it would stitch. I found that at every color change, the sensor comes back on so I have to turn it off again. The last discovery, however was the best. I still had the setup window open as I changed threads and saw the sensor turn on. I turned it off and for some unknown reason turned it back on and started the stitch. IT WORKED! The scary thing is, this tells me it is either a faulty sensor or something in the computer programming. Either way, it sounds like something that will be very expensive to have fixed. Bummer!!! Gobbletov everyone.
Could it just possibly be a fault in the quilting designs?? Have you tested with a design from another source to see if the thread warning still comes on? Glad you figured it out for now--hopefully it was just a glitch that went away.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:55 AM

anyone got any suggestions on how to get a memory card to work on the e drive. I can't transfer my designs now. I am so disappointed. I had planned to make snowflakes as a happy present.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Could it just possibly be a fault in the quilting designs?? Have you tested with a design from another source to see if the thread warning still comes on? Glad you figured it out for now--hopefully it was just a glitch that went away.
I am thinking it was a little goblin inside my machine that was determined to drive me nuts! I did try different designs and that didn't help. My final attempt was to take off the whole front of the machine and watch how the thread runs through the machine. I couldn't find any kind of sensor, but still used a little paint brush to go over every piece to remove any type of dust, lint, thread, goblin dust. I never found anything but now it's been working perfectly through several blocks. I guess my little goblin just didn't want me at the machine on Thanksgiving day!
Old 12-02-2013, 04:26 AM

Our 'babies' can sure be stubborn at times....but wonderful when all is well. Sure hope you scared away the goblin and he doesn't reappear.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Banned

Just an FYI there are some fabulous designs (as usual) on Embroidery Library.
They even have a FSL pickle.

Are you a member of their "Christmas Club"? I am I need to spend $3 to get
to my next "level".

I love this website it is my MOST visited (and most money spent) site.

Happy Holidays everyone!