Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 10-22-2016, 03:45 AM

Could you need a stabilizer other than the mesh? Slide a piece of tearaway or cutaway under the hoop and test. I'm not familiar w/Bernina, but if the design is too large for the hoop or a stitch is outside the margin, my Brother machines will not accept the hoop size and force a larger hoop--unless the design stitch is removed. Sometimes that happens with digitizing that a stitch goes astray.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:36 AM

Sorry sushi...I can only simpatize...I had a similar problem with two designs ...the janome 350e was getting crazy when I connected the USB stating that " there is not enough memory...." ..... It was so ennoying...I had arased all the other designs from the USB and was still getting the same message.....I even bough a new USB...and nothing....
Next time I had the same problem I just did send the file to the embrilliance support and they were wonderful....she did send me a foto showing me how exactlly my design was too big for my hoop.....
As it came out The hoop that I had picked up for the design, was incorrect...... They even recomended me which hoop to use for this design.... And it worked !!!!...... .... .....if I were you, I would put this design aside for few days.....and do something else......sometimes it help to get away from something that causes problems...... ....Good luck....
Old 10-22-2016, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Anita, Tajima's Pulse Ambassador is free, easy to use, changes formats and thread colors--does sew ribbon (shows stitch out)---prints actual size w/ info re how much thread top & bottom.
Wings My Editor is free, changes formats, colors, edits (cut away design parts you don't want, resizes, rotates, and merges. I have both these for many yrs ..and have been very pleased. I understand you can even digitize with Editor, tho I have not tried. No need to pay for conversion software. The best money I ever spent was for Embrilliance Thumbnailer to have images of my designs --hover mouse over design to see size in cm and inches, # of thread colors, & # of stitches .it works in Windows and in Mac. Wonderful company gives personal help if needed and usually the same day.
Mermaid I did download the Wings my editor finally on my toshiba laptop that runs on windows....from first look it does seem wonderful but I believe it won,t convert an image into embroidery file... ....or am I wrong??? I don,t want to go into serious sifisticating degitizing...but simple things would be nice to convert to embroidery....
I couldn,t suceed to download the pulse ambassador........ Not sure why but it didn,t let me download it....
Anyway...I have the essencials and enthusiast from embrilliance but they also won,t convert an image to embroidery stitch.......
Old 10-22-2016, 06:01 AM

I am soooo glad I found this thread.I have been thinking about the Brother PE770 machine.If anyone has one please tell me what you think. I would have to order online but have already checked the return policy. Hope I can find smoe answers here to help make up my mind. Dee
Old 10-22-2016, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by deeleigh View Post
I am soooo glad I found this thread.I have been thinking about the Brother PE770 machine.If anyone has one please tell me what you think. I would have to order online but have already checked the return policy. Hope I can find smoe answers here to help make up my mind. Dee
Deeleigh, I have a PE770 and really like it. The only thing I don't like is the design details are hard to make out on the screen. If you have several similar designs, it's hard to tell which one you want. I generally have to look at the stitch count to make sure I have the right design. I would also like to have a larger hoop but this is good for most designs. Another problem I have and I'm not sure if it's the machine or not but it won't read all the designs on my USB's. If I have 10 designs loaded, it may only see six. Not sure if it's the USB's or the machine. The USB's are all different brands though.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by deeleigh View Post
..make sure its the one that you can use with USB....makes life easier..... Some of these machines come without the option of USB......... You may also check the Janome350e.... I am very happy with mine....good luck
Old 10-22-2016, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
Deeleigh, I have a PE770 and really like it. The only thing I don't like is the design details are hard to make out on the screen. If you have several similar designs, it's hard to tell which one you want. I generally have to look at the stitch count to make sure I have the right design. I would also like to have a larger hoop but this is good for most designs. Another problem I have and I'm not sure if it's the machine or not but it won't read all the designs on my USB's. If I have 10 designs loaded, it may only see six. Not sure if it's the USB's or the machine. The USB's are all different brands though.
They don,t recomend to store many designs on the USB....since the memory of the machine is not all that big as the USB,s..... Yoy save and store them on your computer ....
Old 10-22-2016, 09:03 AM

Ania is exactly correct...the machine has a maximum stitch memory..it is the stitches of the design that it's memory is reading..not how many designs. So it is not a good idea to put more than a few designs at a time on the USB drive.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
Mermaid I did download the Wings my editor finally on my toshiba laptop that runs on windows....from first look it does seem wonderful but I believe it won,t convert an image into embroidery file... ....or am I wrong??? I don,t want to go into serious sifisticating degitizing...but simple things would be nice to convert to embroidery....
I couldn,t suceed to download the pulse ambassador........ Not sure why but it didn,t let me download it....
Anyway...I have the essencials and enthusiast from embrilliance but they also won,t convert an image to embroidery stitch.......
No, Editor does not convert jpg to emb stitches...tho there are some software programs ( expensive) that do. If you want to learn to digitize, sophiesew has a free program and also has free tutorial videos. Go to sophiesew.com/ss2/the-software I don't know of any free image conversion software. But the video tutes should be great help.
Re Pulse Ambassador...I don't know why you couldn't d/l either unless your anti virus was the culprit. Try http://cindysembroiderydesigns.com/ambassador.html and see if you can access from there.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
Ania is exactly correct...the machine has a maximum stitch memory..it is the stitches of the design that it's memory is reading..not how many designs. So it is not a good idea to put more than a few designs at a time on the USB drive.
Machines have a maximum stitch count per design, they don't add up the total stitches of all designs on a USB. I have three Janome machines, and my BFF has a Brother Designio and a Janome. We have no problems with having many designs on a USB, we have USBs as big as 8G. If you have a problem with the machine not reading all the designs on the USB, keep scrolling forward. Sometimes there's a blank page in between pages of designs on the USB as the machine will read all the designs for each size hoop separately. The machines' memory has nothing to do with what's stored on the USB unless you move the design into the machine memory.
Another thing I do is if I'm going to stitch out a whole set of designs is I'll copy the whole folder onto my USB instead of copying the designs one at a time to the EMBF folder. I've been told by the teacher at my dealer and by Janome that you can't do this but it can be done. I did it by accident the first time, and it worked in the machine so I've got multiple folders now on all my USBs, it saves time looking for designs.

Cari