Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 AM

That's awesome Krystyna!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 AM
Banned

K that looks amazing!!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Swap Hosts

Thanks so much! It got me past my fear of applique! I'm really happy with the way it came out.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
I have a question: I'm on a budget and always buy Sulky embroidery thread for my projects and buy them when they're 1/2 off at Joanns (like the next sale July1-7). Are there any other threads that are not too expensive yet can do a beautiful job? Thanks!
Your question brings up a very important other question. What elements of embroidery do you not like? What aspects of thread do you consider not beautiful? Is some thread too shiny? Is some thread not shiny enough? Perhaps you need to be more explicit in exactly what you demand of your thread, then we can help you locate more brands that meet your specifications. I've not used Sulky in a long time so are you using rayon, polyester or silk?
Old 06-21-2012, 03:02 PM

I'm just now finding this thread. Lots to read; so I will just ask and if this is discussed before, maybe someone will redirect me. I'm kinda new to machine embroidery having bought a Viking topaz last year. There's a lot to learn. But I was wondering if anyone uses regular sewing needles to embroider with or must it be embroidery needles? I'm also not sure about which stablizers to use on different fabrics.
Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
Your question brings up a very important other question. What elements of embroidery do you not like? What aspects of thread do you consider not beautiful? Is some thread too shiny? Is some thread not shiny enough? Perhaps you need to be more explicit in exactly what you demand of your thread, then we can help you locate more brands that meet your specifications. I've not used Sulky in a long time so are you using rayon, polyester or silk?
Sorry I didn't provide more info. I use Sulky rayon and noticed that Madeira feels a bit more thicker, both are 40wt ct. Just wanted to know what other brands other than Sulky, Madeira are there.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Swap Hosts

You can find lots of excellent set of thread on eBay. Not brand names, but quite good.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:46 PM

Hi I have the same machine and it uses the same files. I have never used the machine yet and wondered how to download patterns from the intrnet. Where did you get the PED Basic? I have a lot of patterns that are already downloaded to the machine but have just been nervous about trying it and also just finished one of the quilts I needed to I have a few other things to do but would love to join in with you ladies for the embroidery and learn it. It looks so easy on TV craft shows. I am also way behind on e-mails because of so much company this yr so do you ladies have a place where you meet online please let me know or a time. Sue. (Gingging
Old 06-21-2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
I have a question: I'm on a budget and always buy Sulky embroidery thread for my projects and buy them when they're 1/2 off at Joanns (like the next sale July1-7). Are there any other threads that are not too expensive yet can do a beautiful job? Thanks!
I have tried poly Thread art thread and it works well with my machine. It sells for 1.65 for 1000 yds or 4.99 for 5000 yds. I do think it is smart to get one or two spools to try to make sure you machine likes it.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Momo View Post
I'm just now finding this thread. Lots to read; so I will just ask and if this is discussed before, maybe someone will redirect me. I'm kinda new to machine embroidery having bought a Viking topaz last year. There's a lot to learn. But I was wondering if anyone uses regular sewing needles to embroider with or must it be embroidery needles? I'm also not sure about which stablizers to use on different fabrics.
Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
Check your manual... my brother machine can use regular machine needles.. it's the size, I use 11's with a sharp point not the ball point. I also go to ArtisticThreadWorks.com to learn lots of stuff. They have 100's of video tuts.