Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 05-31-2012, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by laura59 View Post
Have you stitched this design out before? It could be the stabilizer. It could also be how it is hooped. What I have been doing is to hoop my stabilizer, spray it with some Sullivans Machine Embroidery Adhesive Spray, lay the item to be stitched on the stabilizer and smooth out, being careful not to stretch it out of shape. This has helped me. Hope it helps.
It isn't the stabilizer. I used two layers of stabilizer. Besides, if it were stabilizer, the design would be puckered up instead of out of kilter. It has something to do with the unit that moves the hoop under the needle. As you can see in the photo, there isn't any bunching. The problem is that the designs are not centering like they should. Also, the underside of the design looks like it should. There are no thread tangles or nests.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Banned

I have been studying the photo of you misaligned design.

Is this a design you have used before? or is this the first
time it was used? Is this the only design that is not stitching
out correctly or is it ALL designs?

Now I had a design to do something close to that kind of
an issue; come to find out my problem was that my machine
was to close to a basket so the hoop was hitting that basket
thus causing it to not stitch out the way it should have.

If you take it in for repairs again go someplace else do not
take it to the same guy as before. And if possible try to have
a hoop "setup" with fabric, stabilizer the works and run that
design to show the repair guy what it is doing.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment.

Originally Posted by jlm5419 View Post
It isn't the stabilizer. I used two layers of stabilizer. Besides, if it were stabilizer, the design would be puckered up instead of out of kilter. It has something to do with the unit that moves the hoop under the needle. As you can see in the photo, there isn't any bunching. The problem is that the designs are not centering like they should. Also, the underside of the design looks like it should. There are no thread tangles or nests.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:16 PM

I had my Brother misalign a design last year. I tried everything to get that danged design to stitch. Finally decided there was something incompatible between the design and my machine. At a certain point my machine would just jump over about 1 inch and then finish the design. Never happened on any other design. I ended up deleting the design from my sewing machine and from the hard drive in my computer where I had it stored. If you aren't lucky enough for your problem to be in the design, then you do need a better trained technician. I think the problem will be in the computer part of your sewing machine. Under no circumstance should a sewing machine be out for more than 2 weeks for repair. If the backlog is so large, then get an appointment for your machine and take it in closer to when it will be repaired. At least you will have it for regular sewing until then.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:38 AM

Krystyna,
Congratulations on your prize! Well deserved I may say, its a beautiful scarf!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:48 AM
Swap Hosts

Sherriann and Quiltnut4ever, thanks so much. I was really shocked at how big that thing is! Now I know why they cost so much.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Sherriann and Quiltnut4ever, thanks so much. I was really shocked at how big that thing is! Now I know why they cost so much.
Krystyna, I own a Babylock Ellure Plus and I could just imagine the asking price for its trolley! Since I don't go anywhere with it I don't need it but you must be excited!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:30 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Krystyna, I own a Babylock Ellure Plus and I could just imagine the asking price for its trolley! Since I don't go anywhere with it I don't need it but you must be excited!
They retail for $179! Quite a bit when you consider that you can get one without the top bit for $39 at Walmart. But it truly is built like a tank. I don't go anywhere with my machines either, but I do have tooooo many machines in this house, so I'll probably use it for storage. What I really need is storage for my Go!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:01 AM

The problem is happening with other designs as well. The design is from Embroidery Library, a good professional design. I double checked to make sure the arm wasn't bumping into anything while sewing the design. It may be in the machine computer, or it may be something in the embroidery unit, because it seems as if maybe it is slipping a cog or something. I may have to check around to find another authorized repair person, but I don't like the idea of having to pay another $99.95 for something that should be covered under warranty.
Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
I had my Brother misalign a design last year. I tried everything to get that danged design to stitch. Finally decided there was something incompatible between the design and my machine. At a certain point my machine would just jump over about 1 inch and then finish the design. Never happened on any other design. I ended up deleting the design from my sewing machine and from the hard drive in my computer where I had it stored. If you aren't lucky enough for your problem to be in the design, then you do need a better trained technician. I think the problem will be in the computer part of your sewing machine. Under no circumstance should a sewing machine be out for more than 2 weeks for repair. If the backlog is so large, then get an appointment for your machine and take it in closer to when it will be repaired. At least you will have it for regular sewing until then.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM

I am surprised the warrenty didn't cover it the first time. When I suggested going to a different repair person I only meant that the last one didn't seem to know enough to fix the problem. You definitely need to go through an authorized dealer to get warrenty repair work. Maybe you can get a refund for the last work. One can dream.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Banned

I don't know how many of you found this design site, but I love
MOST of their designs. They even have several free designs but
you really have to go through them page by page to find all the
freebies.

I can't wait to get the money to buy some of these designs, especially
some of the 3D designs.

CRISWELL EMB