Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Block

Inquiring minds would like to know, What is your favorite block and Why?

I am interested in learning about new blocks that I haven't discovered yet:)

talk about new blocks I have just made a Ribbon block looks hard but not bad it all. I would love to see some quilts made with this block. I'm think it well be my next quilt. after I get some of my UFO done. I have been makeing all kind of differt 12" block for a quilt just to see if I all to make, the way they look done.

For quick and easy I like the pinwheel. I use it a lot for baby quilts. Because I like the way it looks there is Friendship Star. For the fun of seeing what each step looks like I do Stack and Whack. I have most of Bethany Reynolds books. Lately I've done several fan quilts using this method.In the past I was the Block of the Month chair for the guild. These are some I enjoyed: Cracker, Irish Chain, Single Wedding Ring (also called Squirrel in a Cage), Josephine's Knot, Crumb Basket (a great way to use up scraps), Jack-in-the-Box, Columbian Puzzle, Weathervane (done to look like a flower).

I've used the Ribbon block as a border and love it! My favorite quilt is a Sampler so I get to try out many different patterns, but my favorite block is the simple Snowball. It can be used so many different ways; spacer block, background for applique, by itself with a fabric "just too pretty to cut" and many other uses.

It is hard for me to decide on a block as I get looking and want to make them all!

My favorites are...Weathervane block, and just about any star block...there are so many great quilt blocks that are fun to play with!

Blog Entries
    My favorite changes every day:) I like them all!

I have recently discovered the kaliedascope blocks and I love making them. Each one turns our differently and I've found that even the fabric I would not have chosen to buy is usually the one that makes the prettiest blocks. (sorry, can't remember how to spell it) LOL!

I love to appliqué, either by hand or machine, so anything with appliqué is my favourite type of block.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Any pics of the rivvon block ???

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast