Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: House Hunters////

Blog Entries

Talking House Hunters////

I was watching an old rerun of house hunters and this young family were temporarily with his mom and dad while they hunted for a new house. His mom had quilts everywhere. I kept thinking that is what I want not a room that does not have at least a couple of quilts laying around for the family to use. I guess I better start making more for me and not so may to give away... It was kind of cool that I recognized so may of the patterns.

Blog Entries
    I was watching one of the house buying shows, not sure but I think it was Property Virgins and the most important priority was a sewing room!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Love that. Maybe that House Hunters episode is linked on the HGTV site? They have a lot of full episodes. If anyone finds the link, post it here! Would love to see it.
    Jenny in DC

House Hunters is my favorite show! and I don't remember this one...I'd love to see it!!!

LOL, that does sound like the perfect house, doesn't it?

I have quilts in every room except the kitchen. No wall space there.

Oh I have wall hanging quilts in my living room and hallways. They were made by my MIL who was a fantastic quilter. She did everything by hand and they are just wonderful. No one else in the family wanted them when she passed away, and I grabbed all of them!! And promptly hung them as soon as we returned home.
    Amythyst

Blog Entries
    One problem with open floor plans in a house is ...tadah...no walls to hang things on. My house isn't completely open but still not enough walls.
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

I saw a house with an open floor plan, and the woman had covered the CEILING with quilts. I know that sounds strange, but it was just awesome! Plus she had taken a couple of room dividers, removed the fabric or whatever was in them, and replaced them with her own quilts. Each of the dividers had a "triptych" done in small quilts, or in other words, a series of 3 quilts that belonged together to make a whole scene. One was a series of natural settings, and you could see where the border went around the outside of the whole, not around each quilt. Flowers, butterflies, a garden path, trees -- all continues from one quilt to the next. It started with a meadow at one end, and finished with the beginnings of a forest at the other. It was just gorgeous! The other was more eclectic: the same quilt done in three very different color schemes, yet they all came together.

Can you tell this made an impression on me? I wish I had pictures!

Quilts make a house -- or condo or apartment -- into a home. They give color, warmth and personalization to the home. And you're right. I should be keeping more of my quilts instead of giving them all away! Thanks for the head's up!

Cheers!
    MacThayer

I love House Hunters and all those shows on HGTV. Would like to see Property Brothers get a hold of someone who wants a sewing room!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast