Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How badly >

How badly

How badly

Old 12-16-2010, 08:12 PM

do you have to show off your quilt once it's finished? I just can't wait to get a reaction from someone....usually my husband. (Poor guy never critiques.) I really miss going to my guild meeting in part because I enjoy show and tell.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:18 PM

That's why I have a blog. I don't have anyone around here to show mine off to (other than dh who gives compliments but doesn't really understand, kwim?).
Old 12-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

I show my sister.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 PM

Same with me-DH just puts up with my addiction-but really isn't interested-I am the same-really want to share what I do and this is a great place to do it. In fact, I am about to post Xmas stuff I just made. I think after so much time and patience and effort making a quilt, anyone would appreciate confirmation and appreciation for it. Unless a person is a quilter, or is very familiar with quilting, they won't necessarily have that appreciation. A reply of merely "that's nice" or "huh huh" is a bit of a let down after feeling so proud.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 PM

I quilt with a group once a week, so we are always showing our quilts to each other. It seems as though we all finish in spurts, then a long dry spell, and then we all have finished quilts in the same month. I'm always impressed with how good we are!! We are always volunteering to try out each other's quilts.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I am always wanting to show what I am working on and as soon as it is done I take a picture so I can show it off on here. I have a new friend that doesn't quilt but she appreciates them and wants to see what I'm doing. Hubby tries to say nice things. He said an off the wall thing to me one time and then couldn't figure out why he got the silent treatment for the next 24 hours. So I finally told him not to talk to me about sports anymore and I won't show him my quilts. I think he lasted 5 minutes so now he has to look at my quilts and be nice.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:33 PM

I have a friend who lives a couple of hours away from us. When ever she comes to our house she requests her own private quilt show. She even remembers quilts/wallhangings I've showed her before and asks to see them again. She is not a quilter, does counted x-st, so she does appreciate needlework. I love to have her visit!!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:51 PM

I do love to share my quilts too. My family always has to see what I'm working on. My SIL's always have to have pictures of see for themselves when they visit. Its good to share with people who know what the process is and can understand my obsession.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

i love show and tell too...always find someone to show off to. lucky you that your hubby doesn't critique...my hubby is VERY CRITICAL of my work...and does not hesitate to tell me when something isn't up to his standards...whether it's a poor color choice, an uneven line, an inconsistant stitch length area...what ever, he sees it, points it out and sometimes tells me...you can not give that away like that, you need to fix it!...sure love him!
everyone else tends to ignore most things...not him he looks at everything with a very critical eye.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:29 AM

I am blessed with a friend next door who loves to see what I'm working on. Even when she was in the hospital & out of it the first thing she'd ask when she saw me was, "What are you working on today?". I'd bring my project in to show her and then she'd be happy.