Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How badly >

How badly

How badly

Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 PM

My Mom is my biggest cheerleader. She comes to my house and takes pictures and puts them in her purse sized picture album that she shows to everyone. The last time I was getting my hair cut, three ladies told me how great my quilts were. My Mom had shown them the pictures. My DH just looks and says that looks nice and sometimes asks me questions about what block pattern it is.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:07 PM

I'm a terrible braggart!!!! BUT, they just have to put up with it!!!! :)
Old 12-17-2010, 08:11 PM

I show my quilts off to the Girl's Nite Out (GNO) gals. One is a quilter, one is a weaver, and the other is a baseball fan (but loves quilts)! They are a great group!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 PM

I post 'em on here! Always get lots of wonderful compliments and help! Makes me feel proud and good! Thanks to you all!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Jim

I love showing our work I take pictures..add them to facebook and send them to family and online friends...on guild night everyone shows off their latest products for all to see. I am my own worst critic and if somethignis wrong I'll rip it out and do it over until its right. I love the reaction I get when someone says "you did that"?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:21 PM

My poor neighbors! I live in an apartment building with seniors and I go out into the halls to show them what I have done! When they start walking down the hall away from me when they see me coming I will stop. There is just something about sharing something that you have created that makes me torture them!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:13 AM

This is the best place for showing your quilts. Everyone appreciates them, knows what goes into them etc. It is very encouraging, and also helps others with ideas, and inspires people to try something new.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:59 AM

My quilts are kind of plain,but like most quilters, I also enjoy showing them.DH is my biggest fan, but hasn't a clue as wether they are well made or not.That's ok tho, cause I'm my own worse critic & I know if it's a good job & where the boo boo is.:-)
Old 12-18-2010, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
I absolutely agree. I don't think I'd quilt at all if I felt that I had to keep everything to myself. The best part for me is talking about the process and showing my quilts. I love when one of my sisters comes for a visit and asks to see one of my quilts. Please always feel like you can share with us! I personally want to see everything!

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Originally Posted by clem55
I loved showing things I 'd made, and hubby usually has something nice to say. My biggest disappointment was when I showed my brother the GF quilt, I was so proud of it, and I thought he would be proud of me for making it. Instead, he said," What good is it?" I felt like bawling! Then he said, "you put all that work making something too fancy to sleep under", so for him, it was useless. I never showed him anything else!! And, I am hesitant to show any of my sewing anymore.
I understand how a comment like that would hurt you so. But chalk it up to ignorance about our creative process and art. Many many people just don't get it. Please do not let this one insensitive remark keep you from showing any of your work. You know we love to see it and I bet you have other friends and relatives who do as well!

I love showing off my creations! My greatest fan is my better half and he always approves of what I am creating and I only ventured showing my works off here with his support. After him come my two sons, teenagers and I get 'umph' or casual nods LOL, but they have never been negative, my mum and sister. I guess I am lucky for the support that I have. I must say that I am thrilled to bits with the positive feedback I have been given here. I think that recognition from people who you don't know personally makes me feel more confident and eager to try new things. It makes me want to do more and more..... In fact I think that I have been spurred on to do more in the last few weeks than before! I have got 3 projects on the go at the moment.

I love seeing what others are doing because there are so many talented people with great ideas and I love seeing the pictures. I try and do my best at giving feedback because of the effort involve with making each one. This is a great place to be and I am often humbled by what I see.

For those who have had not so enthusiastic comments, and I have had many of those said to me, face to face, don't let that make you feel down. You are in a better environment now with people who really understand and appreciate and are willing to help. I simply love Quilting Board!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:51 AM

Wow, I'm so glad I asked this question. I fell rather silly just thinking about bragging but I'm happy to know that my feeling are so common among other quilters. Guess that's why I keep coming back here. Thanks to everyone for making me feel like I'm normal--for me that's a bit rare!