I can't believe this is the second major cutting error I've made on this stupid "quick" project. It's not rocket science.
I'm making a 'fracture'. You take two identical pieces of the same motif. Cut the first piece in 1.5" strips. Cut the second piece into one 3/4" strip (1/2 of 1.5") and discard, then 1.5" strips, then discard the last 3/4" strip. This gives you "offset" strips of the same pattern. Then you sew them in alternating rows from the first piece and second piece.
I finished cutting the first motif, labeled and hung them on my design wall. I then took a break to do some dog chores and have a snack. I went back into my sewing room and lined up the second motif and proceeded to cut the first strip 1.5".
(for those that didn't follow me, I cut a 1.5" strip and it should have been 3/4" strip - which is going to throw the remaining strips (and the design) off).
It gets worse. The instructions above is done again with another set of 2 motifs. You have two sets of two motifs with alternating rows of 1st and 2nd motifs. You then cut both of these two in the same fashion (offset the 2nd motif) but you cut it horizontal instead of vertical.
It's the 2nd SET that I screwed up. So I can't just get another motif ... I would need two more then do that whole scenario with those two before I can start again. I already checked my LQS earlier this week and I KNOW they only had TWO panels left and I already bought one of them because I screwed up making one of the sets the first time!!
I can't believe how much trouble I've had with this SIMPLE "make it in a week while you're off work" project!! Start with wonky panels that had to be muscled into shape and blocked, then trimmed to within an inch of the actual design, then a mis-cut because I spazzed on the measurement, then another measurement spazzout that I was able to recover with some trickery.
IT'S STRIP PIECING FOR PITY'S SAKE!!!
I am sooooo "over" this project. When I'm done, it's going far far away so I never have to see it again.