Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you like your Janome?

Hi everyone. I just wanted to see how the Janome machine owners like their machines. I have been repairing home and commercial machines since 1999 and I love the Japanese machines. Out of the home machines I have serviced, the old Viking and singer machines are built very well. But out of all the newer machines, Janome seems to have a better built machine. It also seems like many of the Bernina models are made in the same factory.
    If you own a Janome... I would like to know what your opinion is of the operation and dependability. The reason I'm asking...is that we are looking at selling the 4-needle Janome as our low end commercial machine. I know they manufacture for the commercial company Melco, so it should be a good machine. But I just wanted to get a response from the members here.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Love Janome.

Janome is the only machine brand I've ever chosen. I haven't been disappointed.

I love mine

6600p and I love it - a fairly new quilter. My Mom used Vikings for years and I inherited her latest but it needs some work and rather than pay for that figured I'd invest in a machine that did more of what I wanted.
    I am not disappointed one bit!

I have a 6500 and love it; it's a real workhorse. I had a Singer for many years, and when I was ready for a new sewing machine about 10 years ago I learned that the Singer wasn't the same quality as it was back in the day. I bought a Janome and have never regretted it.

I have a 6600. before that I only used OLD Singers. The Janome is ok. I don't know that I would buy another. Doesn't seem to do much more then the 1950's 401 I was using. I do think that I would like it better if my local dealer wasn't such a lying do nothing guy though.

I like my Janome. I think it runs great - smooth as butter. I've only been quilting for six years - same machine through the whole time so I don't have anything to compare it to.

It's had two tune-ups in six years and I'm lost without it for a few days.

I purchased a Janome 6500 last August and have not been sorry for one second. I love everything about it!

Blog Entries
    Love mine.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast