Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you like your Janome?

Hi everyone. I just wanted to see how the Janome machine owners like their machines. I have been repairing home and commercial machines since 1999 and I love the Japanese machines. Out of the home machines I have serviced, the old Viking and singer machines are built very well. But out of all the newer machines, Janome seems to have a better built machine. It also seems like many of the Bernina models are made in the same factory.
    If you own a Janome... I would like to know what your opinion is of the operation and dependability. The reason I'm asking...is that we are looking at selling the 4-needle Janome as our low end commercial machine. I know they manufacture for the commercial company Melco, so it should be a good machine. But I just wanted to get a response from the members here.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Love Janome.

Janome is the only machine brand I've ever chosen. I haven't been disappointed.

I love mine

6600p and I love it - a fairly new quilter. My Mom used Vikings for years and I inherited her latest but it needs some work and rather than pay for that figured I'd invest in a machine that did more of what I wanted.
    I am not disappointed one bit!

I have a 6500 and love it; it's a real workhorse. I had a Singer for many years, and when I was ready for a new sewing machine about 10 years ago I learned that the Singer wasn't the same quality as it was back in the day. I bought a Janome and have never regretted it.

I have a 6600. before that I only used OLD Singers. The Janome is ok. I don't know that I would buy another. Doesn't seem to do much more then the 1950's 401 I was using. I do think that I would like it better if my local dealer wasn't such a lying do nothing guy though.

I like my Janome. I think it runs great - smooth as butter. I've only been quilting for six years - same machine through the whole time so I don't have anything to compare it to.

It's had two tune-ups in six years and I'm lost without it for a few days.

I purchased a Janome 6500 last August and have not been sorry for one second. I love everything about it!

Blog Entries
    Love mine.

I have a Janome 6260 and a Janome 300E and I love them both. I have had the 6260 for about 10 years and it has never given me a lick of trouble.(knock on wood) I even knocked it off the table one time and all that happened is it kind of sprung the handle but it still sews like a champ. I use it for everything. Can't go wrong with Janome.

I have a Janome 1600P & I love it.

Blog Entries
    I have two of the older Janome Gem Golds. They are perfect portable machines. No problem at all and they are years old.

Blog Entries
    My Janome sits on the corner floor collecting dust and it's the one that costs under $200 so not sure what it's referenced as and it's not very old either.

Poor thing, it can need some of my attention.

Maybe I'll play with her this weekend.

Blog Entries
    I think Janome is by far the best brand for your money for their sewing/quilting/home embroidery machines. However I have read a lot of negative comments about their 4 needle machine; in fact, was told by my favorite dealer that the Brother low end is a much better machine! So because I trust my dealer of 35 years, I would not purchase a Janome MB4.

I have at MC6500, a Horizon Memory Craft 7700 and a 350E, love love love them all. Cant say enough good things about them, they get my stamp of approval.

I love my Janome :thumbup: Five years and have had no problems.

I have a DC2007 and a 7700, love them both. My 7700 circut board blew when the power went out, but it was fixed free of charge and the LQS lent me a 6600p while I was waiting, love it too!

Blog Entries
    I used my MC for 20 years and never had it in the shop. Bought the 9700 in the fall because the LED light went out and for what it would cost to be repaired, just figured I would rather buy a new machine. The only thing I didn't like on the old and new is it is difficult to change needles.

I love, love, love my Jenome. It is a 4800 (no longer made) and does everything I have asked of it. Take it in for check-up about every 2-3 years (Can't bear to be without it) and have not had anything wrong except the bobbin winder didn't wind. They fixed it for free, don't know what was wrong with it. I have had the machine for 10 years.
    Sue

I had a 25 year old singer and hated sewing with it, replacing it with a Janome has made sewing a pleasure again.

I have three Janomes I love them all I have gotten rid of other brands and this is all I will buy anymore

My experience with Janome has been positive.

I just bought a Horizon in Feb. A major factor in deciding upon it was the fact that I have a Kenmore badged Janome, very basic, that has gone through everything, including being knocked off the cabinet twice by my furbabies, and kept right on ticking. I've had that machine more than 10 years, a true workhorse. The Horizon has been a wonderful machine, really still learning on it. I have a BabyLock I bought in between and I do like the Janomes better, although I can't say anything bad about the BabyLock. I just prefer the feel of the Janome.

I have had a Janome 350e for 4 yrs and absolutely love it. My goal is to purchase another Janome before the end of the year, but haven't decided which model yet.

I have a 11000 and love it!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast