Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you store/display your stash

Hello all, I'm in the process of redoing my quilting room. Currently, I keep my stash in large plastic bins stacked against a wall. The bins protected my stash from my border collie who shared the same space. After 14 years, he now keeps an eye on me from above. :( Way off point, sorry....
    My plan is to purchase a large bookcase and stack my fabric on the shelves. I have the option to get glass doors, but would rather not spend the extra money. How do you store your stach? Is it out in the open or tucked away and protected? Thanks everyone.

The doors would help keep dust out. Also, I would be careful about having in in direct sunlight, it fades the fab.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

My fabric is stacked on open shelves I moved into a closet to protect it from light, dust, and my seven furry children. :)

Blog Entries
    I keep mine on shelves (like book shelves) I wrap my fabric around a heavy cardboard and pin it, it stands on end like a bolt at a fabric store. Its' so easy for be to pick what I need from my stash now, I buy very little fabric

Blog Entries
    My fabrics are stacked on bookshelves. They are not directly in front of the window so they don't get a lot of sunlight and I make sure that I keep the blinds closed when I'm not in there.

All my fabric is on custom made shelve (byDH) and on an inside wall so it doesn't get any sunlight. I am hoping to use most of it up so it has no chance of getting dusty...LOL

I store my fabric by color in covered plastic boxes out of direct light.

Blog Entries
    Need to keep it out of direct sunlight, maybe use a tension rod at the top to suspend a curtain or how about a quilted panel?

Quote Originally Posted by happy_lady
    Hello all, I'm in the process of redoing my quilting room. Currently, I keep my stash in large plastic bins stacked against a wall. The bins protected my stash from my border collie who shared the same space. After 14 years, he now keeps an eye on me from above. :( Way off point, sorry....
    My plan is to purchase a large bookcase and stack my fabric on the shelves. I have the option to get glass doors, but would rather not spend the extra money. How do you store your stach? Is it out in the open or tucked away and protected? Thanks everyone.
    My son built my books cases and here's what I'm doing. I was thinking of buying a heavy plastic from Joanns and putting thumb tacks along the sides.

One shelf
    Name:  Attachment-234499.jpe
Views: 131
Size:  73.3 KB

I have mine in stacks on shelves and in clear tubs by color. I do have way too much but I just love buying fabric. and it is great to have whatever you need when you get the urge to make something and I seldom use patterns.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast