Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilt tops do you have? >

How many quilt tops do you have?

How many quilt tops do you have?

Old 09-12-2010, 10:33 AM

I don't have any finished and waiting. I am working on 3 now; a quilt, a wall hanging and a throw.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:29 PM

OMG, I was telling a co-worker the other day about the tops I need to finish. I have five tops. I like the sewing and creating the quilt tops. I don't look forward to the machine quilting. It maybe because my sewing machine is nict but just a regular sewing machine and having to handle all that fabric at one time seems overwhelming. But I'm starting to tackle one this afternoon. I need to have these finshed to take home to Il next month.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:08 PM

Well....probably less than 20...if I haven't stashed and forgotte some! Also have table runners, candle mats, wall hangings, etc, etc. Gotta keep that sewing machine hot!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 AM
MNM

Originally Posted by mizmarymac
OMG, I was telling a co-worker the other day about the tops I need to finish. I have five tops. I like the sewing and creating the quilt tops. I don't look forward to the machine quilting. It maybe because my sewing machine is nict but just a regular sewing machine and having to handle all that fabric at one time seems overwhelming. But I'm starting to tackle one this afternoon. I need to have these finshed to take home to Il next month.
MIZMARYMAC I felt the same and sent most of my tops out to be quilted. Can't afford it anymore so had to learn to FMQ. I did not like it at first but after awhile really got into it. Don't make the same mistake I did I started getting to close with my stitiching and the quilt got a little hard. Keep you pattern LARGE and besides it goes faster that way. Will show a pictute of my first one, if you promise not to laugh, just as soon as my friend comes over with her camera. My Chiropractor says relax and keep your shoulder loose. She is a quilter too, I got her started and she has passed me by. She quilts all her own quilts even her King size. Relax and enjoy and get those tops done. MNM
Old 09-13-2010, 07:00 AM

I think I have 8 or 10 tops and two that just need the binding done. Sometimes I am online and remember that I need backings, start to look at them and can't really remember what ones I need backing for, so I don't get them.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by MNM
Originally Posted by mizmarymac
OMG, I was telling a co-worker the other day about the tops I need to finish. I have five tops. I like the sewing and creating the quilt tops. I don't look forward to the machine quilting. It maybe because my sewing machine is nice but just a regular sewing machine and having to handle all that fabric at one time seems overwhelming. But I'm starting to tackle one this afternoon. I need to have these finished to take home to Il next month.
MIZMARYMAC I felt the same and sent most of my tops out to be quilted. Can't afford it anymore so had to learn to FMQ. I did not like it at first but after awhile really got into it. Don't make the same mistake I did I started getting to close with my stitching and the quilt got a little hard. Keep you pattern LARGE and besides it goes faster that way. Will show a picture of my first one, if you promise not to laugh, just as soon as my friend comes over with her camera. My Chiropractor says relax and keep your shoulder loose. She is a quilter too, I got her started and she has passed me by. She quilts all her own quilts even her King size. Relax and enjoy and get those tops done. MNM
Mizmarymac, before you free motion quilt make a sandwich same as the quilt with the same fabrics and practice on it until you are satisfied with it them you will be ready for the big quilts. Always do this because you can see if the stitching is going to be alright both sides. I did, but found that using 2 different types threads made me hours of unpicking. I had it right on the sample but when I went to the quilt I had the problem it skipped stitches on the back. New needle did not help. So now I either use Rasant thread, or Threadart in both top and bobbin and have not had a problem since. Please do not use different threads I don't want you to go through the same problems as I did. Move away from the machine when your neck gets sore and reflex the muscles. A break is for both you and your quilt, and have fun with it.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 AM

I have about six. Unfortunately, I don't machine quilt and even if I did, it wouldn't be a full size quilt. The things so many people do on this website are amazing. I wish I could, but I'm not even gonna try. I always send mine out to be quilted and unfortunately I just can't afford it at this time in my life. It makes me so sad. :(
Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Power Poster

One Cal King but I have multiple basted quilts half way quilted. Ooops another one a small twin but that should be a breeze.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:05 AM

I have a suggestion to finish some of your tops rent time on a long arm machine at you local Quilting Store or go on line and see if anyone has one they will rent out by the hour. I have a long arm and to help pay it off I am seriously thinking about renting it out by the hour. First I will give them a class and time to practice at a flat rate. Just a suggestion.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:56 AM

To many to count,7 at the quilters waiting 2 finished peicing this morning another started. :-D
Several more in various stages.