Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you do this?

How would you do this?

Got my quilt back from the LA and she "missed" 2 legs of one pinwheel. (She felt AWFUL) Too expensive to send back and forth again, and she has agreed to send me a bobin of the matching thread. BUT, I'm not a FMQuilter, and need to somehow copy what she did with the other blocks and make it match. I've been reading about the saran wrap, which doesn't seem to work - looking for other suggestions.

Name:  quilt block.jpg
Views: 3070
Size:  742.1 KB
    ​Nancy

Blog Entries
    use tracing paper trace the design on paper or use a stencil then either trace it on the quilt or sew thru the tracing paper

Is there someone closer that she can recommend to do the fix?

Maybe you could check locally to see if there is a LA who would be willing to load it and do just those two areas. Or check a local guild for a LA. And I would definitely have the original LA (the one who made the ooops) pay for the fix.

can you do it by hand, it is such a small area would probably not be noticed
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

This may sound harsh but no way I would pay someone and end up finishing the work myself. In my opinion a spool of thread does not compensate for her mistake: she should finish the work at HER expense incl. postage fees ,or give you a considerable discount (as to assume you'll have to have s-o else do her work for her; it's none of her business whether you do or not). You're paying for finished quilting, not partly done.

Quote Originally Posted by hevemi View Post
    This may sound harsh but no way I would pay someone and end up finishing the work myself. In my opinion a spool of thread does not compensate for her mistake: she should finish the work at HER expense incl. postage fees ,or give you a considerable discount (as to assume you'll have to have s-o else do her work for her; it's none of her business whether you do or not). You're paying for finished quilting, not partly done.
    I am basically a non-confrontational person until it comes to the big stuff.
    I totally agree with hevemi, this is the only professional/business-like way this LA-er should handle it.
    Her mistake - her responsibility.
    Of course she didn't mean to do it, but this is business and not friendship etc.
    I know if I were a business person, that is what I would do.
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

Power Poster
    Just trace the feathers onto tissue or golden thread paper and pin to the pinwheels on the quilt. You can sew right through the tissue paper and carefully rip it off after stitching. You might want to put a few straight pins along the blue so the fabric doesn't move as you stitch as there seems to be a little extra fabric in the unquilted half?

Blog Entries
    I agree the LA should pay the shipping expense. It was her mistake. The first thing I would have said was how do you want to pay for the shipping to and from?
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hevemi View Post
    Totally agree!!!
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast