Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna Sapphire

How do you use one of these? Are there free classes? The dealer that sold it to my mom didnt tell her that it needed classes to be able to use it. Does Husqvarna send out people to help you learn?

I have a different model, and it came with some free classes from the dealer. It was an authorized dealer and I bought it new.

I would go the the their website and locate a dealer near you and see what they offer. http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/

There is also a Yahoo group for for my model, maybe there is one for other models or general info. Yahoogroups.com

the dealer is authorized but she doesnt offer free classes. they are 50 each. which the dealer did not tell my mom that she needed classes to use the $3,000 machine. the dealer just wanted the money from the machine sale

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingLee
    the dealer is authorized but she doesnt offer free classes. they are 50 each. which the dealer did not tell my mom that she needed classes to use the $3,000 machine. the dealer just wanted the money from the machine sale
    Yikes! I would double check this dealer, I have never ever heard of not having free class for a Husqvarna machine.
    I would also ask at http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/

Can she return it? If not I would contact Husqvarna and tell them how disappointed you are.

Is your mom an experienced sewer? If so, has your mom actually tried using her machine yet? Yes, the Viking dealers I have dealt with all provided free classes, but I never found that I really needed them, and rarely took them. I have found my Vikings to be very intuitive to use, with well written manuals.

Good luck. I hope your mom is able to enjoy her new machine soon.

If you have a local Joanns, with the dealer in their store, maybe they can direct you as well. Or maybe help your Mom out.

Blog Entries
    I think a good dealer will at the very least spend time with you to get acquainted with your machine free of charge. Mine offers unlimited classes. The machine is a bit different than any that I've ever used, where it's all automated. I do refer to the book when I need to and I've brought it twice to the dealer so she could show me some tricks and help me get the FMQ set up correctly. I'd talk to the dealer again. Could she have misunderstood?

Blog Entries
    If she bought it brand new, it really should come with lessons. If she bought it used, then I think a fair price can be charged - FAIR being the key word.

Blog Entries

I bought a used serger from my local Viking dealer and she included one class in that for free. I would definitely contact Viking directly and let them know about this dealer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast