Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: i don't know what it's called...can you help?

Blog Entries

i don't know what it's called...can you help?

what is the name of the cutting mat that spins/rotates??? I don't think i will ever spring for a go cutter, etc...but i am thinking i could use one of those spinny cutting mats......

thanks!

betsey

Blog Entries
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    There are a few mats like that; I have two different sizes. They are great especially when trying to do triangles or any shape that you really need it to be accurate. I love my Accuquilt go but the mats are really a helpful hand as well. It's a good choice. Look for coupons; I just got the latest Joanns and Hancocks in the mail. I try to go to Hancocks on Wed because the 1st and 3rd Wed are senior discount and you don't have to be 60 and it's on top of any other discount or coupon and the 2nd is military discount so for them I have most of the month covered. Enjoy your mats
    Judy

Blog Entries
    thank you both Judy and Nancy! i really don't want an accuquilt go...i don't think i would use it enough....but love the idea of the rotating mat . and I will keep track of my joann coupons and see what's available. unfortunatly, i'm in nj and no hancocks here (but wish that JoAnn's would do a military discount!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twoxover View Post
    thank you both Judy and Nancy! i really don't want an accuquilt go...i don't think i would use it enough....but love the idea of the rotating mat . and I will keep track of my joann coupons and see what's available. unfortunatly, i'm in nj and no hancocks here (but wish that JoAnn's would do a military discount!)
    Good luck. The other thing that I wish was with Joann's is that you don't have to be over 60 to enjoy senior citizen (not sure if they check) but also they don't have a set day so I've never been able to get it there. At Hancocks I go after work on those 3 Wed knowing even if it's full price I'll save money so how great is that.
    Judy

I have a lazy susan I bought one time for a TV. I have put my cutting board on that and it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by twoxover View Post
    what is the name of the cutting mat that spins/rotates??? I don't think i will ever spring for a go cutter, etc...but i am thinking i could use one of those spinny cutting mats......

thanks!

betsey
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    I like the idea of the lazy susan. Going to give it a try.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Banned
    I had a round one from Come Quilt with Me that wore out. It got too expensive so didn't replace.
    I found a 7" Fiskar square one at Joanns that's about $15. Bought 4 of them, all with coupons. Everytime I find a tool I really like either the price zooms or it goes off the market.
    I was taking no chances this time.
    I also have a large one by Olfa or Omni (I forget) too big, awkward.

Olfa offers a 12" square rotating mat and there is a round one called Baltimore Revolver. I believe the Olfa mat runs around $30 and the Baltimore Rev. runs about twice the price of the Olfa.
    OzarksGma

OH,OH, TV just lost lazy susan it is sitting on it is 24x 18. just the right size to do some serious cutting on and I have a mat to fit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast