Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: i don't know what it's called...can you help?

Brooklyn Revolver
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

Looks like I may be the only one out there, but I don't like the fact that the mat is moving. I've had it slip too many times when I cut. I prefer to use a small mat that I can physically turn, but not is on a rotating system like the Brooklyn Revolver.

Connecting Threads has them on sale quite often too. Shipping is free with $50 order.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mhollifiel View Post
    Olfa offers a 12" square rotating mat and there is a round one called Baltimore Revolver. I believe the Olfa mat runs around $30 and the Baltimore Rev. runs about twice the price of the Olfa.

I recently replaced my rotating 13" cutting mat which sat to the left of my machine with a new 12". The new one works much better since I literally wore the other one out BUT I miss that inch!
    The round one comes from Pat Yamin at Come Quilt with Me; the Brooklyn Revolver. Pat doesn't have a store but does alot of big shows and you can order directly from her web site.

Quote Originally Posted by twoxover View Post
    what is the name of the cutting mat that spins/rotates??? I don't think i will ever spring for a go cutter, etc...but i am thinking i could use one of those spinny cutting mats......

thanks!

betsey
    I have one & as ickhy as it works, you don't want to know what I call it! I was so amped to get it (it seems like such a great idea) but it rocks & is hard to cut on. I don't even know where it is now... I just went back to a smaller mat on top of a larger one... Just my thoughts...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Hi,
    I have the one made by Martelli.

Quote Originally Posted by twoxover View Post
    thank you both Judy and Nancy! i really don't want an accuquilt go...i don't think i would use it enough....but love the idea of the rotating mat . and I will keep track of my joann coupons and see what's available. unfortunatly, i'm in nj and no hancocks here (but wish that JoAnn's would do a military discount!)
    JoAnn's does do a military discount. Just check the back 2 pages of their flyer when it is a national holiday such as Memorial Day. They usually give an extra 10 or 20% off with military id.

I got tired of struggling around the table when cutting some triangles and moved the small mat to a little, old stand. The mat stayed still and I could easily step around the stand.

I have a rotating mat but it doesn't spin very smoothly. I prefer using a smaller mat on top of my larger mat and just turning the mat.

Its a Brooklyn Revolver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2