Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I don't mean to offend, but..... >

I don't mean to offend, but.....

I don't mean to offend, but.....

Old 11-17-2010, 09:08 AM

same here with me.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:27 AM

I love the bags/totes. They are great for diaper bags as well as using them for other things. I like to take mine to church carrying my scriptures, etc. Very roomy. I however, make mine two inches smaller than the 19 listed in the pattern. I like the smaller look. I am making these for Christmas presents for all the women in my family. If they agree with some of you and don't like them, that is okay. I made them with love using their favorite colors, etc. and really hope they like them and use them. It is good we all have our likes and dislikes. I for one, do not like the mug rugs, but enjoy looking at the ones posted here.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 AM

I think it is good to see all the different things people make. If you don't see them, you won't broaden your sewing horizons.
You just might see something you love that you would not have thought of otherwise.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:33 AM

For me, it is instant gratification. I love totes and purses, but the bow tuck is , in my opinion, just another variation of a simple tote bag. I think with one pattern, if you have an idea you can make a multitude of designs. Have you bought a good handbag lately...$$$$. I can whip up my favorite tote or purse in my favorite fabric, and in short order, I have a bag that I get lots of compliments on and it just fits my lifestyle and my purse "belongings". I also love to make small items such as coasters and mug rugs because I can make them in one sitting and have a project done...because I hand quilt, a quilt can be "in progress" for a long time.

Just my humble opinion!!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 AM

Me too! I thought I was the only one who occasionally uses her - er - anatomy to secure money!
Originally Posted by sherriequilts
Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Good question???? I'm not a "purse" person. If I can throw my licence and stuff in my pocket, I am a happy camper. I have one purse, for every occasion.
I usually use my high pockets, also known as the valley bank. Funny though, sometimes I even lose things there!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:52 AM

If ya don"t ya don"t. I always liked the Vera Bradley purses but was unwilling to pay $60-70. Withe This pattern I can make my own.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Good question???? I'm not a "purse" person. If I can throw my licence and stuff in my pocket, I am a happy camper. I have one purse, for every occasion.
My kinda gal!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:58 AM

I love them,I like to see all the combinations of all you wonderful creative ladies.......I just got my pattern and are going to try one......I am going to try to make one for each season. Keep making them I love to see all the new ones.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:00 AM

I have pondered this question many times and really enjoyed this discussion. Like many of you, I am not a "coordinated" person so making BTBs (bow tucks bag) doesn't appeal to me in that sense. I am also purse-challenged, once made a purse with a "hidden inside pocket" that was so hidden it ended up inside the lining! And that 2hr Tulip purse took me 3 days! But, was so fascinated with all the BTBs here I had to try it. Almost tossed it before I even had the pieces cut. However, I kept my nose to the grindstone and finished it. Everyone raves about it. Went in for a pedicure one day and if I was so inclined, could have made and sold 5 right there for $50 bucks apiece. So, not for me, but I enjoy seeing what the other ladies have made. I much prefer to put my time and energy into complicated multi-layered applique and many other ladies don't see the fun in that either. To each his own, that's what the old woman said when she kissed the cow.
Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Please explain to me why people are so excited about bow tuck bags.....I just don't see the attraction. Perhaps it's just me and I haven't found the right color combination yet. I'm glad you guys have found something you are so thrilled with sewing, I'll just stick with the quilts I guess.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:00 AM

To quiltwiz.....Would love to see the one you get so many compliments on. I have been trying different ones but haven't gotten the right combination yet. The last one I made looks good but gets all wonky when I load it up. Arrrrgh!