Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I searched for an answer, not sure I got one??

I'm a newbie to posting, but not really for finding answers to most of my questions from you all. I did search for this but not sure I got the answer I'm looking for. So here goes!
    I bought some fleece from hobby lobby for my grandsons quilt back, now I'm afraid to use it, cause it may pill. Have had a lot of bad luck with about 6 yards of Joann's flannel which is pilling badly and am going to use it for batting at this point.
    My question is can I use the fleece for batting? It's chocolate brown, and I have 3 yards. I saw a post that it was hard to quilt when used as batting. Was this by hand or machine? I only machine quilt and I'm going to spend more money and buy anti-pill fleece for his quilt from Hancock, which is now on sale. Any one use this yet? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've never used fleece for batting, so can't help you! Why don't you try a small sample and see how it comes out?

Don't know why I didn't think of that, I usually try something first, but I guess I'm just frustrated with this flannel. I have 3 front's done and can't get one finished because of pilled flannel. Thanks! Going to try it now.

I was wanting to do this with some lap quilts, so what is pilling?

I would say that machine quilting you should be just fine. I think it is the hand quilting that they had difficulty with. Great idea to use as batting, by the way.

Happy quilting. :D :D :D

I just used it in a dog quilt for Tinkerbelle... I had a color that wasn't what I wanted and made it work....I don't know if it would work in a closely quilted piece, but it worked fine with her quilt...

It worked! I didn't try stippling yet, but it machined quilted just like Dream Poly, which I use in a lot of table cloth and wall quilts.
    Now I'm shifting gears and put the kids quilts away since I have to buy no-pill fleece or better flannel. I have started a bento box in browns a while ago and now I'm going to finish this and use the chocolate fleece for batting. If I don't like it when I finish it will go to one of the homeless guys who live in their cars at our walmart. At Christmas I take my scrap quilts and give them out to those guys.
    By the way I glue basted the sample, and it worked just fine.

Yes you can use the fleece for batting.......... I like it even better and it makes a warmer quilt.
    Scrap Quilter

I really get so much useful information on this board! :lol:

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    I would have never thought to use it for filling Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast