Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I want a embroidery machine...LQS trying to talk me into 300E Janome >

I want a embroidery machine...LQS trying to talk me into 300E Janome

I want a embroidery machine...LQS trying to talk me into 300E Janome

Old 06-13-2011, 06:33 AM

I bought my Janome 300e from Tommilu here on the board and have never been sorry. She does beautiful work and also has the 5x7 format. She does all I ask of her.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
Originally Posted by Amythyst02
Originally Posted by Bluebonnet
I went to my LQS to look at a used Brother 5700 for $449. I had already read reviews on it, people saying they couldn't find parts-hoops and such for it. So I was skeptical about it anyway. When I went to the shop, they told me I really shouldn't get it, for all the same reasons. They started telling me about Janome 300E machine. I really like it, but am debating about spending that much on it. It's regularly $1299 and he told me he could give it to me for $999. Still that's a lot to spend on a machine I may not use every day or even every week. I don't want to buy a machine though that does the 3x5 and wish I had spent a little more and gotten one that does 5x7 area stitching. Can some of you tell me the great things your machines do and which machines you have?
TIA
Bobbi
Just curious, when you went to the shop did they demo the machines for you? I honestly looked into an embroidery machine and if I were going to buy one, I would go with Janome. It embroideries beautifully, I was very impressed. I decided I was not sure if I would use it enough, and have decided to upgrade my sewing machine instead. I will certainly use the sewing machine, and mine is struggling on multi layers of fabric. Luckily I think I have the sewing machine narrowed down to 2, lol. I may post here and see if I can get any feedback on that.

Good luck.
I really love my Horizon 7700....
I would love that Horizon 7700, I am just afraid its way out of my price range. But, I might give the local shop a call and see what they are selling it for. Going to a Sewing Expo in late Sept, planning to hold off until then, and maybe find a great deal while I am there. They usually have really good sales there, at least I hope so.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM

For $948.00 you can get the same machine I have......

A Brother PE770, it can use up to a 12x5 hoop,

http://www.mrvacandmrssew.com/brothe...age-p-724.aspx

I really enjoy using my machine.

When I started looking for an Embroidery machine, I went to 2 of our LQS's and both tried to steer me to the more expensive models....3K at one store and close to 2k for the same one I currently own (and bought for $900.00).
Old 06-13-2011, 06:58 AM

See if they have the 350e. You will like it A LOT better than the 300. The 350e has a lot of features that the 300 doesn't - and you'll wish you had them :)

I had the 350e then the MB4 and now I have a Brother 4500 which I love.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
This is a great topic. I've been wondering about just how much I would use an embroidery machine if I got one. I've been tossing the idea around for a few months. I have so many machines I just don't know.
My Bernina doesn't have an embroidery option to upgrade and I don't want to trade mine in.
I have the money saved (amazing that I haven't used it) Will continue watching this, thank you~
Well, Susan, just this past week I was looking for a starter SM for my newbie friend and (accidentally, I'm sure) sat down at a Bernina. I nearly fell over when the associate told me the price: $12,000. :!: She then showed us another one at $16.000!!!! Whew!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:18 AM

Thats too much for a 300E machine. I really like the 300E but I wouldn't consider paying more than $800 for it. The 350 has a computer hookup, that is really great.

Lanny
Old 06-13-2011, 07:19 AM

I am a huge fan of Janome, that being said, I have the 350E and love it. It has the USB port for hooking up to the computer for designs. It was the 4x4 and 5x7 sizes ant that is fine for what I do. I found it very user friendly. I have had mine for 2 years and my cost from the dealer brand new was $1,089. I tried a brother combo first and within a week knew that I didn't want a combo and that I wanted the larger hoop size as this one did the 4x4 only.
Having a dealer that you trust and can work with is very important. Then you will have the added investment of thread and stabilizer as well. I love mine.

I bought an external hard drive to read the cd's and hook up to my machine. No regrets here.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:20 AM

I taught and sold Janomes, but I've never heard of the 200, is it new?

Lanny
Old 06-13-2011, 07:26 AM

The $999.00 is the price for a brand new machine. So, please don't think you are getting such a "DEAL" on it. If the machine has been used, even as a demo in the store, you should get used pricing for it. You can look on ebay and find several Janome dealers with these units brand new in box for $999.

I do love my 300E. At the time I was buying mine I was torn between the 350E and 300E. I do wish I had gotten the 350E instead but I'm still very satisfied with my 300E.

I can use the 4X4, 5X7, Gigahoop on my unit. With a little practice, and much patience, you will be able to make any size embroidery.

It's a wonderful machine, but you do need to get a better deal than what you were offered.

Be sure to look on ebay, print off a couple of the ads and take them into your dealer and see if he can come down on the price.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:27 AM

200 is the basic beginner embroidery Janome machine.