Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I've come a long way, baby!

I agree. This Quiltboard has become like a dear friend to me. I read every morning while I drink my coffee. I also drop in throughout the day when I have a few minutes. I have learned so much from reading and looking at photos here. Thanks to all!

Although I have been quilting about 45-46 years. I have learned alot more about quilting since I joined this board. I am amazed at the very knowledgeable people on here. They all seem very willing to share their knowledge and experience. I hope I never get too old to learn more.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Can't agree more with all that has been said. Love, Love, Love this board.

Blog Entries
    You know, when we get old [83] , people whine and moan about being bored. Not me! All they have to do is get on here and read and learn. We still work and I don't have a LOT of time, but what I have, I love to get on here. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. I love this place!

Blog Entries
    Connie, I'm right there with you! Started on my quilting journey 16 months ago, thanks to the Quilting Board. Without all of you, I would not have had the courage to jump in. Soooo glad I did! I'm finding myself each time I create a quilt too and choose a new pattern each time to stretch my limits and learn new skills. I'll never learn enough!
    Mavis

This board is the first place I come whenever I have a question, problem, or just something to research about quilting.
    http://www.thingsthatarenotperfect.blogspot.com/

Awesome! I sent you a PM.
    One step at a time, always forward.

I completely agree! I've been quilting for three years and learn so much on here! Everyone is so supportive and helpful! I wouldn't have progressed as well without the help of people on here. I've challenged myself because of encouragement from fellow quilters. If someone would have told me three years ago I would be doing FMQ I would never have believed them!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Although I have been quilting about 45-46 years. I have learned alot more about quilting since I joined this board. I am amazed at the very knowledgeable people on here. They all seem very willing to share their knowledge and experience. I hope I never get too old to learn more.
    Although I haven't been quilting quite as long as you have, You are singing my song sister!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    This is my "go to" place for help, encouragement, learning, sharing, and just being part of a nice group. Our moderators take excellent care of us by making sure everything is friendly and within acceptable limits. It's a nice place to visit and learn. YAY!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast