Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann no longer accepting VIP discount cards >

Joann no longer accepting VIP discount cards

Joann no longer accepting VIP discount cards

Old 08-27-2016, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
Teachers and VIP programs continue. Student and nonprofit ended. Details on website.
Thanks for that info. They (my local store) must be as confused as me though when they scanned my card it denied it. I don't shop there for just the percentage off. But I expect when you do so much with coupons and these cards that they should work. Nothing like getting to checkout anywhere and you're running tally in your head is such and such amount and then to be 5, 10 or even more higher makes me hesitate no matter where I shop.

If it wasn't for my wonderful local store I would probably have quit buying what I could there just from the confusion and feeling bad for the people behind me that have to wait because of confusions. Corporate Joann should really be thanking their local area employees.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:06 AM

I've noticed that the coupons are often for one day only, sometimes 3 days, not as long a period of time as before. They want you in their store more often. So now I only buy the one thing I can use the coupon on. It gets crowded on coupon days.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:28 PM

I went in a few weeks ago to Joanns to renew my teacher card and then asked what was needed for my church quilting group to get a discount card. I was also told they no longer are giving them or student saving cards out. The guest counter lady just shook her head when her supervisor told her over the phone about this change.

So sad.

Connie
Old 08-27-2016, 03:53 PM

And sometimes no one knows what is going on. Mom wanted a crochet book. Had a long discussion on whether the yellow circle showed it was on sale (it did before) or whether a coupon could be used (no). Mom still wanted it so she got it and a few more things and used 2 new coupons. After we left the store, we found out the computer gave her 40% off the book. As I said, no one knows. I hate Joanns and their crappy coupon games.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:15 PM

Joann has exhausted my patience by refusing their own coupons, having few, if any, advertised items in stock and the continued decline in fabric quality while all the while raising prices constantly. It is my absolute last resort stop and only if I can't wait for someone else to mail it to me. My local store is dirty, disorganized and chronically understaffed. I sorely miss Hancock's - of which we had two - both were very clean, well organized and staffed with knowledgeable and friendly employees.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:00 AM

So you're not going to shop JoAnn's because they won't give you a discount? Do you apply this logic to every place you shop? I find my email overflowing every week with coupons from JoAnn's. I rarely pay full price at JoAnn's.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:45 AM

JAF exhausted my patience when they stopped sending me their flyers. I filled out the request again at the store (twice) and once on line. No luck. I didn't want the coupons as much as I wanted to know what was on sale. Using the coupons is always an exercise in frustration but if I saw pillow forms were on sale (for instance) then I could go get what I needed. I almost never shop there anymore.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Hm, I just renewed my AQS membership and they give info on how to get your card.
I also renewed and have gotten my card from JAF just recently.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:08 AM

I really don't know why everyone spends so much time griping about JAF. If you don't like the store then don't shop there. I try to follow the advise that if you can't say something nice then don't say it. I do realize this comment from me goes against this advice though. Life to too short to complain. Make whatever changes you need and be move on and enjoy your quilting. ��
Old 08-28-2016, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Skhf View Post
I really don't know why everyone spends so much time griping about JAF. If you don't like the store then don't shop there. I try to follow the advise that if you can't say something nice then don't say it. I do realize this comment from me goes against this advice though. Life to too short to complain. Make whatever changes you need and be move on and enjoy your quilting. ��
I agree with you. I know we all need to get rid of our frustrations sometimes, but this is getting old. Of course, we all have the options of not opening a post that we know is going to be just another complaint.