Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: For Mimisharon and Husband (Sharon don't peek)

Hi Wendy, Count me in. I only caught up with this plan today so it looks like I can still make one. I'm sure I have lots of blues & whites to choose something pretty. I'll get to it tonight after work. Thanks for thinking of it. Very nice!

Wow! Ceanna: Your block is lovely, as usual. I love the embroidery in the center block. I went to Joann's today and bought a Quilt Label book of iron-on transfers because I don't write very neatly anymore...arthritis kinda took away the neatness. Oh! well, I'll do my best and thank you for showing us how the BEST can look. Thanks for sharing.

Feathers

Wendy, I will be making a block for Sharon & husband tomorrow. All the blocks look wonderful. This has got to be the best idea - Thank you for thinking of it & heading it up. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Here is my block for Sharon & Roy. I just need to get a permanent marker to sign it. Which permanent markers work best for writing on material?
    Attached Images Attached Images

hi pam, love your block.
    i would suggest that you try to use an archivally safe permanent marker.
    best in the long run.

Pam, pretty block. Sharon and Roy are going to love it. Thanks for sharing. I've never used the permanent ink pens either so can't give you any advise. I could probably USE some advise on them, however. :roll:

Feather

There are permanent fabric markers at the sewing shops. Sharpies apparently are not recommended for fabrics, so I did not use my blue one. I wanted to!!!

Someone better send Sharon a box of Kleenex with their block. She is really gonna cry when she sees all these beautiful blocks we have made for her! :wink:

you guys are probably thinking i sound like a broken record but this is a big deal. we spend a lot of money on our fabric and spend many hours creating our lovely quilts.
    if a pen is used which has ink that contains acid, the acid will over time literally eat thru the fabric. take the time to make sure you have an archivally safe marker.

here's mine - all ready to address and mail - it was a fun project!

Every block I 've seen is simplt wonderful. We better make that a case of klneex for Sharon.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast