Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Featherweight

Dear Friends:

I was given a Featherweight for Christmas this last year. I had been shopping with my daughters for our "annual Christmas Shopping Fun Day" and found it at a thrift store we went into. I drooled and fumed...I couldn't justify spending my Christmas money on myself...so I walked away. On Christmas day, it was the final gift of the day presented (all ten of the children made a big production of the presentation :D ......and yes, I said ten...yes I have ten children...all mine...all from one marriage...no twins :P (those are the most common questions I get..and their answers 8-) 8-) ))

ok...but back to the topic here!!!!! I was messing around last night (she sews like a dream) and noticed a small metal decal on the machine that said "1851-1951 100 yrs of sewing" Does this mean that my Featherweight was produced as a 100 yr celebration piece???? :!: :!:

I mean, I was just wondering....ya'll here have made me so aware of looking closely at what I have, now I can't wait to dig out all the other Singers I have collected and really look at them closely.

Anyway, any information would be appreciated ;) ;)

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you've got the Centennial model!

http://singer-featherweight.class221...ory/1950-1959/

What a great present from your kids! :o) And yep, sounds like a centennial model to me!

You've got a Centennial model,that's what you have!!! Congrats

Where's the photo's...we love photo's of our classic's

What a great gift! Mom of TEN, what an accomplishment!

Congrats on the machine! I have 6 kids...all one husband and no twins so I get those questions too. You know the question that aggravates me the most? "You know how that happens don't you?" I have heard that one a zillion times! I now just smile and answer "Yes, that's why we have them!"

I Have a FW that was born the same year I was.:) OH, and my mom used to get the same questions for us 11 kids. I am a twin though!

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie6
    Congrats on the machine! I have 6 kids...all one husband and no twins so I get those questions too. You know the question that aggravates me the most? "You know how that happens don't you?" I have heard that one a zillion times! I now just smile and answer "Yes, that's why we have them!"
    Yep...me too...heard that question allllllllll the time :x :x :x

So, I finally decided to come up with an answer that was just as nosey......

Using my sly-est expression ( 8-) ) I would say..
    "Uh huh, we do.....any we're having a marvelous time 8-) 8-) :wink: :wink: "

Shut them up everytime....most folks turned red :oops: :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    Where's the photo's...we love photo's of our classic's
    oh oh....the pain of confession.....I am so computer dysfunctional, that I no idea of how to take a pic with my cell phone (or where the digital camera is cause my kids keep running off with it :? ) and transfer it to my computer...... :oops: :oops:

I am sorry....if one of my smarter kids can help one day soon, I will post a pic.....please forgive :oops: :oops:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast