Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need CHAIR for sewing table ... what do YOU use???

Blog Entries
    I have an armed office swivel chair from Office Depot when they were on sale. I love it as I sew in a U-shaped area. Machine on the middle table, work table to my right and iron to my left. Plus, this room ( alcove, really) has hard wood floor so it slides easily and swivels. It's padded, too, which Is good for my "toosh" after hours of sitting. I think it was on sale for $75.00

Las Vegas, NV - transplanted from Southeastern PA
    I use a swivel chair on wheels, no arms. It is a secretarial chair and the back adjusts so I get good lumbar support for long hours at the machine. It is perfect. I stole it from my desk - it just wasn't working there. But as a sewing chair it is fabulous. The seat height also adjust so I don't have to worry about the height of my sewing table.

Remember, comfort is more important than looks!
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, WINE IN THE OTHER, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by KimmieH View Post
    youre too cute about the new room LOL.....please post a pic when its done!!!
    Thanks And a BIG thank you for ALL your advise. Now I will definately look for a swivel chair. The one at Marshall's is sooo darn cute!! And I love the Red This chair had arms .... did I mention just how darn cute it is

The room is not very big, with chartreuse painted walls and quite a bit of white trim (two sets of closet doors/window(s) and baseboards). And I do have pics from my BR (before I redid that a few years ago), that will go quite well in here.

And I will be sure and post a pic when I get it done ... still need to find a table for my Janome 6600. Would love to be able to get the one that comes with it (but at about $400, I'll probably try and find something cheaper).

THANKS Again ... sooo appreciate all the advice!!

jody

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 View Post
    I use an armless secretarial chair. On wheels and swivels. I have one at each machine.
    I too have an armless task chair on wheels and swivels. I decided on the armless variety because I used to have one that hand arms on it and I was always mashing my fingers between it and my sewing table.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Cushy swivel on wheels...no arms.

I have used both and I like swivel, because they are more adjustable. I use a cheap office chair paid 47 bucks for and love it
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Blog Entries
    I use a swivel chair also, and the height is adjustable as well to accommodate whatever table height I might be working at. It also has rollers on the bottom so I can glide a few feet to grab something without having to get up. Mine has a cloth covering which is nice because I think vinyl or leather might become too hot to sit on after a while. It has fixed arms and they have never caused me any problems from an ergonomic point of view. I've had it for some time, but I believe I purchased it at an office store.
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

I love my very inexpensive swivel chair from IKEA! It also is on rollers so I can roll from table to counter with no problem. I don't have arms on mine and don't miss them one bit.....in fact, I think they would get in the way. Hope you find exactly what you need!
    Leslie

Blog Entries
    Swivel, rollers and adjustable height is a must for my body!!
    Gigi07

Learn from Yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

I have always used a comfortable office chair which is adjustable. I have always been able to find them at bargain prices at second hard stores or used office furniture place. If you spend several hours at the machine besides having your body at the right height be sure to get up and move around a couple of times and hour.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast