Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need CHAIR for sewing table ... what do YOU use???

Quote Originally Posted by crafterrn1 View Post
    If the 400.00 dollar table is from sew perfect you will love it. I have 2 tables from them and love them both. I have one with an extension to hold the large quilts when I sew. Luann in CT
    Im sure that is the table I want. I saw it at the shop when I bought my Janome 6600, and thought it was just a great table. Very well made. Oh, now I have something else to think about!!!! Lol

jody

Keep an eye on the wheels of your chair - I found that mine wound thread and bits of material in them and they are the very divil to clean out if you don't keep at them...

Blog Entries
    two words.... SWIVEL, ADJUSTABLE
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

My DH took the arms off my chair. I have a light weight armless chair at my computer that I take when I go on retreats or to classes.

I use a rolling swivel chair. Very handy. It is also adjustable up or down.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

I also use a swivel office chair (no arms). i think I got it at wal-mart. It has been about 15 yrs. I have my serger, sewing machine and iron set up in a U shape, and this chair works out great. I also have one with arms, that is kept by my embroidery machine, but that machine has a lot of waiting while it does its thing.

Blog Entries
    I recently got a little sloppy in my alignment. Instead of rolling fully in front of the machine, I sewed at a tilt. After a few evenings of this, I ended up with a very sore hip. So whatever chair you get, make sure you also maintain proper alignment.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

I use a swivel office chair without arms and I love it!

I have carpet, it is flat, and my swivel chair goes all around the room to the different areas and machines. Love that you can raise and lower it.

I love my Bernina ergonomic swivel sewing chair.

Jim
    I use a swivel office chair ...nice big comfy chair with arms, when my arms get tired I lean back and relax ...also I can reposition the height to any level I am comfortable with
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Swivel with no arms is what I've ended up with (the arms one just got in the way). Hope it all comes together soon. Exciting stuff. Please post pics.
    Annie

I also use a swivel chair with no arms and no back, so I guess it is a swivel stool now! I much prefer it since I took the back off.

I have two office chairs. One with arms at my computer desk, one without arms at my sewing machine.

I use a swivel chair I bought at Office Depot due to back problems. It is a bit on the upscale side as it has adjustable seat, back and arms. I think it ran about $130 but it is worth every penny. BUT, I sometimes use an old wooden chair that has good back support.... anything to get to a machine!

We moved a year ago to a much smaller home. At my old house I had a separate sewing room, although it was small I could move around with a swivel chair. When we moved I had to use my dining room table. I feel your pain there. My DH finished off our basement for his "Man Cave" in the new house and set up the back of the room as a quiltilng/sewing machine room. Yes I did get a swivel chair for it. It's great and helps avoid getting up and down alot. I don't know what type of flooring you have but I never had any problem with the chair moving unintentionally.

I use an office chair without arm rests. It swivels and adjusts and every now and then I tip it over to remove the threads from the wheels and oil them for another smooth ride.

swivel, from sons old office. love it

I use a swivel chair at my sewing machine and it works out great, it had arms on it but my husband took them off and it works a lot better, you need a chair that is great for the back and has back support, the chair you seen at Marshalls would be a nice chair, make sure the chair will go up or down so you can sit where you are comfortable. I have a sewing room and I love it, with the ironing board in it own cabinet and all my rulers are hanging so I can see them all and my son use peg board for that.

I bought a fancy office chair from Office Master as a early birthday present for myself. I have had 3 different office chairs over the years that were not as adjustable and always seemed to be dumping me forward and out of the seat. This chair adjusts seat up and down and tilts more than the others. The back also adjusts not just up and down, but forward and backward so that I can sit with my back up against the back for support so my back and shoulders don't get tired. Also, I am short and the other chairs were just too deep from the front to the back of the seat to be comfortable.
    Kathleen Clendennen
    www.thequiltgal.com

Swivel chairs are the best for your quilting table. Much easier to move around and much less trouble. I think you would love it.
    Texas raised, Texas Proud

Here is a link showing the chair I recently bought:

http://www.officemax.com/office-furn...ct-prod2980610

I love it. You can adjust it up or down. It is very comfortable.

I use a swivel office style chair oln rollers that I found at Target for $17.00 a couple of years ago. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Easy on my back and height is adjustable to add to the comfort of sitting for long periods. Good luck

Nancy

you're going to think I'm crazy, but as a 'Weight Watcher', I'm always looking for ways to put exercise into my day. When I don't use my swivel, low armed office chair, I'm on my YOGA ball!! It helps me to stay balanced and makes me hold my stomach tight. I don't stay on it for more than 20-30 minutes of sewing, but when I'm done, I feel like I've really worked my core!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marijeaux View Post
    Here is a link showing the chair I recently bought:

http://www.officemax.com/office-furn...ct-prod2980610

I love it. You can adjust it up or down. It is very comfortable.
    wow.... That chair looks great. I guess I really should look around a bit more. I wasn't even really looking for a chair when I stumbled on the one at Marshall's. And it is priced at $99, but I'm not sure of there is lumbar support or not. I see the one from Office Max has that. Guess I'll take some time tomorrow and go chair shopping.

Jody

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast