We can all learn something new everyday if we want to. I am making potholders for an exchange. I haven't made a lot of quilted potholders. I mostly have crocheted them. Well, I did a test block this morning to see how well they quilted and how the binding would do.
I used one layer of insul-brite and one layer of warm & natural. I like the thickness of it. It quilted out just fine with my walking foot.
Now the binding. I used purchased bias tape. Glad I was making a sample because I don't like the bias tape. It just didn't go on that thickness as nice as I would like. So it is good I have plenty of one of my fabrics to do my own binding.
All is not lost...I will keep the sample for myself. But the exchange potholders I will make my binding.