Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Next Generation Grace quilt frame

Next Generation Grace quilt frame

Hi,

I found someone selling this frame for a reasonable price. A dealer told me these are no longer made and I would not be able to find replacement parts. (He suggested buying a much pricier frame.)

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has this frame and how you like it. Problems? Joys?

Do longarm frames need replacement parts so often that this is a problem to worry about?

Thanks for your help.

Regina

Hi Regina, I have the Next Generation Quilting frame, I do like it. If you need any parts you can contact the Grace Company, they are the manufacturer. I originally used a Husqvarna sewing machine but decided I wanted to have a large quilting area. I purchased a Bailey's Home Quilter which I like very much. Does this dealer have the Next Generation manuel? If not I am sure that The Grace Company would be able to help you. Depending on how much money you wish to spend, I would give this consideration.

I have the gracie ll frame. and when i needed
    parts i just contact the gracie company and
    have no problem receiving them. it just happened
    once. and i have had it for three years.

I had this frame with a Grand Quilter for a year before upgrading to a Gammill. The shortcomings I disliked were the weak rollers. I had it set up for 10' and the joint in the center was weak and flexed easily. The rails the carriage rides on were made of plastic shaped like ^. In on year one of the long rails split and had ot be replaced. One of the powere buttons on the speed regulator cracked (just the external button) and kept falling out, no spare part available- they wanted me to replace the whole speed regulator.
    The gracie was ok to get my feet wet on in quilting, but after a year I was ready for something more stable and reliable.
    Tom
    Grove City, OH

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyshirl View Post
    Hi Regina, I have the Next Generation Quilting frame, I do like it. If you need any parts you can contact the Grace Company, they are the manufacturer. I originally used a Husqvarna sewing machine but decided I wanted to have a large quilting area. I purchased a Bailey's Home Quilter which I like very much. Does this dealer have the Next Generation manuel? If not I am sure that The Grace Company would be able to help you. Depending on how much money you wish to spend, I would give this consideration.
    do you still have this set up? what size is your bailey? I have a chance to buy this frame but I am wondering if my Bailey 17 will fit. Have you replaced the plastic tracks with the stainless steel? Please contact me asap! Having a hard time finding info on this! patsisler@hotmail.com