Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Next Generation Grace quilt frame >

Next Generation Grace quilt frame

Next Generation Grace quilt frame

Old 02-03-2012, 11:56 AM

Default Next Generation Grace quilt frame

Hi,

I found someone selling this frame for a reasonable price. A dealer told me these are no longer made and I would not be able to find replacement parts. (He suggested buying a much pricier frame.)

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has this frame and how you like it. Problems? Joys?

Do longarm frames need replacement parts so often that this is a problem to worry about?

Thanks for your help.

Regina
Old 02-03-2012, 02:09 PM

Hi Regina, I have the Next Generation Quilting frame, I do like it. If you need any parts you can contact the Grace Company, they are the manufacturer. I originally used a Husqvarna sewing machine but decided I wanted to have a large quilting area. I purchased a Bailey's Home Quilter which I like very much. Does this dealer have the Next Generation manuel? If not I am sure that The Grace Company would be able to help you. Depending on how much money you wish to spend, I would give this consideration.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:20 AM

I have the gracie ll frame. and when i needed
parts i just contact the gracie company and
have no problem receiving them. it just happened
once. and i have had it for three years.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:17 AM

I had this frame with a Grand Quilter for a year before upgrading to a Gammill. The shortcomings I disliked were the weak rollers. I had it set up for 10' and the joint in the center was weak and flexed easily. The rails the carriage rides on were made of plastic shaped like ^. In on year one of the long rails split and had ot be replaced. One of the powere buttons on the speed regulator cracked (just the external button) and kept falling out, no spare part available- they wanted me to replace the whole speed regulator.
The gracie was ok to get my feet wet on in quilting, but after a year I was ready for something more stable and reliable.
Tom
Grove City, OH
Old 02-02-2014, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by turkeyshirl View Post
Hi Regina, I have the Next Generation Quilting frame, I do like it. If you need any parts you can contact the Grace Company, they are the manufacturer. I originally used a Husqvarna sewing machine but decided I wanted to have a large quilting area. I purchased a Bailey's Home Quilter which I like very much. Does this dealer have the Next Generation manuel? If not I am sure that The Grace Company would be able to help you. Depending on how much money you wish to spend, I would give this consideration.
do you still have this set up? what size is your bailey? I have a chance to buy this frame but I am wondering if my Bailey 17 will fit. Have you replaced the plastic tracks with the stainless steel? Please contact me asap! Having a hard time finding info on this! [email protected]
Old 05-27-2015, 03:30 PM

Can you tell me what size of BHQ machine you are using?

Last edited by Sewcheryl; 05-27-2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 05-28-2015, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by patsisler View Post
do you still have this set up? what size is your bailey? I have a chance to buy this frame but I am wondering if my Bailey 17 will fit. Have you replaced the plastic tracks with the stainless steel? Please contact me asap! Having a hard time finding info on this! [email protected]
I also have the NG frame. You will have 11 inches to quilt in. That is the travel of the carriage, it doesn't matter what the size of your machine's arm is. I replaced my tracks w/1/4" stainless steel rods ($80 - love them). My DH repaired the poor connection point in the middle of the rails ($10).
Old 05-28-2015, 12:40 PM

Dollyo, did you get the stainless steel rails from the Grace company?
Old 02-01-2016, 07:58 AM

Default Stainless Steel Track

hi, I saw this and was wondering if you actually can replace the plastic track with a stainless steel one and were do you get it. I am in need of track which I did see grace has but does not have the replacement table inserts. I was wondering if you knew were to get them.
Originally Posted by patsisler View Post
Old 04-21-2020, 02:32 AM

Default Baileys on next gen frame?

So you put the baileys on the next generation frame? I am wondering if I can do this!? I have he frame but sick of the time quilt space! I know this was a long time ago. Do u still have the machine? TY

Originally Posted by turkeyshirl;493