Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: OK walk away moment

Blog Entries

OK walk away moment

Everytime you think something is sooooo easy it should go well, well it doesn't.... This quilt i am making for my dd is rated beginner, English tiles, 6.5 blocks set on point with a 4 inch border down either side....sounds easy.......NOT!!!

I have cut the sashings that go around the tile, 1/2 inch too short, but only did it on half of them....ok, this I can recut, had enough material,no problem. It all sews together the next evening, ready to start putting the setting triangles in and well, my brain does not compute like it used to. But, again, I will continue. Had to pin each in their proper placement so it made it easier. Ready to move on.....joining the sections together...well my seam ripper and I are oh sew close today.....

Top thread broke twice, rethreaded and found the hangup, fixed check and move on.....didn't check bobbin, ran out after a precarious stitch through several intersections making sure all lined up nicely....

It is a walk away moment......time to sit in the sun on the deck, smoke one and have a diet dr pepper. Maybe this evening, I hope....

Thanks for letting me rant................
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Diet Dr. Pepper in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Blog Entries
    so sorry that the project turned out to be frustrating. walking away is usually the best answer best wishes for a smoother finish
    Nancy in western NY

Feel similarly about trimming the 300+ 2.5 in. HST's that I'm working on. Only a little over 200 to go! But I DO absolutely love my rotating cutting mat!

Blog Entries
    Know how you feel. Sometimes it takes me a few days to even think about getting back to a project that has given me trouble. I'll look at it and shake my head and know I'm not ready. Give yourself a break.

I am SO with you on the Diet Dr. Pepper, my only addiction. (Although I have switched to Diet Dr. Thunder at Walmart - same thing and so much cheaper!)

Power Poster
    Some days are like that.
    Hope it goes better on your next attempt.

Seems like we all run into one of those projects from time to time. It'll be worth it when you're done though!

Quote Originally Posted by pacquilter View Post
    Seems like we all run into one of those projects from time to time. It'll be worth it when you're done though!
    Oh I so agree!!!!!

Darn, I thought that was the way all projects should go I do feel your frustration, but you handled it like a true quilter.

You handled it the same way I would...and did! Did you roll your own?....just wondering....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast