Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions Needed

Blog Entries

Opinions Needed

This is my quilt top using http://www.incolororder.com/p/block-of-month.html. I have the blocks done using fat quarters I had in my stash. My problem is borders. I was planning on using solids for the borders, I would like opinions on what colors would you use? I am thinking a 1 1/2" or 2" border then a wider border. I don't have any of the fabrics I used larger than a fat quarter and I ran out of a couple. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jerseyrayne; 03-14-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Power Poster
    I think I would like a small border the size of the corner blocks in the yellow and then a larger tan border? If that doesn't match where you want to use it, I would use 2 different blues.

I would do it in black. Black just makes quilts stand out, I think.

Love the quilt I'm with you, unsure of what color for the border. I think just about any color will work with all the choices of colors in the quilt. how about dark brown, would blend well with all the colors and not have to match.
    Scrapy quilts have more love in them.

Blog Entries
    I don't care for strip borders so I would add a wide border the same as the background. Your quilt top is nice! It has a sharp modern look to it.
    Got fabric?

I think I would float it first with a narrow white border and then a wider blue print.

Cheers, K

Blog Entries
    I would use a yellow for the first border and the blue the color in the block or close to it for the larger border. I think this would really bring out your blocks.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by CorgiNole View Post
    I think I would float it first with a narrow white border and then a wider blue print.

Cheers, K
    this was what I was thinking, too. Though you might want to add another thin strip between the white and the blue print.
    Laurie in NYC

Blog Entries
    I am sorry the colors aren't showing up exact, because the background fabric is a muslin, not white, and the dark fabric is a dk navy blue. Also the light blue with small goldish design is actually a grayish blue color. Thanks for all the great ideas will let you know what I end up doing. I have got to go buy some more fabric! yeah, not that I need it, but I don't have any solids. For some reason I just never know what to buy for solids for my stash. Thanks again

I would use a white strip the same size as the sashing, and look at a deep dark red for a border about 3" wide.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast