Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pattern suggestions for memory quilt for child

Pattern suggestions for memory quilt for child

Hi All,
    I know this is a sad thing but I am at a loss and am sure some of you can help me. I need to make a wall hanging for a bereaved family that has lost a young girl to a fairly rare disease. It will include 4-5 pictures of the little girl, her name with birth and death dates, and a poem (probably printed out like the pictures unless you have a better idea???).
    I am unsure of what kind of pattern\blocks to use. Any suggestions? I have been searching and I think I am just confusing myself.
    Thanks for any idea\help you can give.

Blog Entries
    this site has some excellent ideas http://rhinoquilting.com/bereavement...morial-quilts/
    Nancy in western NY

What about using shadow blocks to show the photos better? I'm now sure how young the little girl was when she passed, but if she was old enough to have any favorite colors, toys, animals, etc, maybe you can work some of those items into the quilt as well.

Thank you QuiltnNan and PlanoDebbie. Good ideas. She was very young....only 3, but old enough to have preferences. I appreciate you taking the time to make suggestions.

Perhaps something with a star in the center and then the shadowed blocks that PlanoDebbie suggests?
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

That sounds good! Oh, it made me think of an angel!!! I will look for an applique pattern.

Instead of printing the poem you could embroider it on. That might make it stand out a bit more.