Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Paula Nadelstern snowflakes

Paula Nadelstern snowflakes

Hi Everyone -

I want to tackle a snowflake from Paula Nadelstern's snowflake book. It's so scary that I am wondering if there might be a couple of other people who want to do this together - a snowflake support group?

Lainey

I'm in! I just ordered the book so don't get too far ahead.
    Since I gain weight reading cookbooks, why can't I lose weight watching a fitness program?

I just looked this book up on amazon, it looks challenging. Are they paper-pieced?

Patti and Micha -

I have been studying these snowflakes online and just got the book. It looks like astrophysics, but I don't care, I want to do it. It seems to be very elaborate piecing? I have to read the book tonight.

OK, so:

STEP ONE: Read the book.

We may need serious support just to get through it, but let's see how it goes.

Lainey

Many of her patterns need serious support to get through them and people do!

Blog Entries
    I ordered the book. I'll let you know after I get it if I'll join you or this will go in the "eye candy only" portion of my quilting book library.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Well, I read about twenty pages of Paula's snowflake book last night. It is clearly and very well written, so I feel optimistic that I will be able to understand her instructions. She has a nice, useful supply list - I will need a few things but not anything that unusual other than two protractors and some specialty graph paper.

I stare and stare at her photos of the snowflakes - they are quite unbelievable to me.

She says in the intro that she was choosing between a more generalized book or a true how-to - and she chose the how-to. I'm so grateful to her for making this choice.

So...I'm happy with things so far!

Lainey

The snowflakes look amazing. One looked like it used a "lacey" fabric. Have you started collecting fabrics yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Retiree View Post
    The snowflakes look amazing. One looked like it used a "lacey" fabric. Have you started collecting fabrics yet?
    I think I have a dark blue background with tiny stars that would work, and two lighter bluesy types that might get to go in the flake(s) - but I haven't read all the requirements for selecting fabrics.

But I mean how does she get some of those fuzzy tentacle things that look exactly like snowflake photos?

I have ordered the book. I'm up for the challenge. I want to try at least...one... maybe more, we'll see.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast