Oh wise Quilting Friends ... Please help me buy a Colour Printer/Scanner for Quilting!!!
I am SO not a computer-techno-geek ... so I am hoping you will help educate me on what I need to look for to make a good purchase! I haven't had a colour printer, nor a scanner, and have been quite happy with my laser printer. Yes, I am finally going to bite the bullet, mainly for quilting purposes.
So far this is what I've sussed out as important ... and what my intended uses for it will be ....
* individual colour/black ink cartridges
* 4 in 1 -- fax, copier, printer, scanner
* home/business office needs (I do contract work, so it will be used for business too)
* printing of free online quilt patterns!
* scanning of PC blocks etc for QB
* maybe print some photos? i.e. quilt pics for my quilting scrapbook (otherwise I don't take a lot of pictures)
* what else should I be looking for in selecting the "perfect" printer?
What do I look for to ensure the scanner does the job I want it to do for quilting?
And when else am I going to use the scanner?
What about all those resolution numbers for scanning and printing? Minimum? Ideal? At what point is it overkill and really something for a high end graphics artist?
What will I like/hate about the colour inkjet vs. my laser printer?
This is the one that geek-kid was pushing me to yesterday ...
I don't mind buying a printer that's a little better and will do me for future needs (in my business) ... though I don't want overkill !!!!
As you can tell, I need help with the specs on choosing the right one
I am looking forward to your input ... and appreciate it very much!!